"yeah?"

"yeah, where should i meet you?"

"i'll text you the address." and gone she was.

i only had time to nod, but soon realized that maeve didn't even have my number and i didn't have hers either. well that was certainly nice.

✰—

"she did what?" eric, as usual in complete and utter shock, asked me once i'd told them about me meeting maeve later.

i took one of my sandwiches out of my paper bag and took a bite.

"well, she asked me to meet her somewhere after school."

eric slapped the table. "what is it with you and making all those cool and popular friends? soon enough we'll be too uncool for you."

i was about to protest when i spotted aimee walking past our table with an apple in her hand.

i whistled to grab her attention and her frown was replaced by a smile as soon as she saw me.

"here." i handed her the extra sandwich i had with me and her smile grew, showcasing her extraordinary teeth.

"thanks so much! you are an angel." with that she disappeared, probably meeting maeve in the old toilets to enjoy her sandwich or something.

turned out i was right, because after not more than 5 minutes i got a text message.

unknown
This is maeve

unknown
439 Trently street

i was about to ask her where she got my number from, even though it was most probably aimee, but she must've read my mind because there was another message coming in.

maeve wiley
Got your number from aimee, don't worry

"what are you smiling at?" otis asked, trying to peek over my phone. i didn't even notice that i had started smiling.

"maeve just texted me."

"oh, show me!" eric exclaimed and didn't bother to give me a chance to actually show him, instead he just snatched my phone out of my hand and began reading, smiling widely.

"so you two are bonnie and clyde now, huh?"

he handed me back my phone.

"or wait, bonnie and bonnie! you know, strong females and stuff."

i smiled confusedly. "well no, because bonnie and clyde actually weren't good people. they stole a lot of money and murdered, like, 13 people."

eric's smile dropped and he looked disappointed, which made me feel bad.

"but i guess you could say we're like bella and alice from twilight. they were friends, weren't they?"

"oh yeah," he nodded, smile returning. "i really loved how their friendship took progress in the third movie, it was so adorable. also do you remember how..."