Wait, don't leave just yet.

Author's note:

Set during late Season 2.

-------------------------

Jake has always been a happy go lucky person. No matter what people say about him, they had to admit that he lightens up the situation no matter what. He made his presence known the moment he enters the Precinct, always loud and cheery and his squad secretly liked it because it made their boring day bearable at the least.

But there was one thing about him which was a bit peculiar. Well, at least to one Amy Santiago. Amy had been in the nine nine for almost Five years now and well she knows that whenever the squad decides to go to Shaw's, Jake never backs out, like ever. Not even when he is too tired or sick or injured.

Well, he never got that sick or injured to back out anyways so Amy wondered what was the reason today for Jake to back out from going to Shaw's, even when he had a day off the next day. She wanted to tease him about it but before she could say anything Jake was out of the bullpen without giving her a glance which again was unlike him. As much he liked to make a loud entrance, he also liked to make a loud exit and mostly it included teasing Amy on his way out. So, to say Amy was least bothered would be a lie. But well it wasn't like she can do anything just because she had a hunch so she decided to let it go and enjoy with the rest of the squad instead.

--------

Amy tripped while walking back to the table Rosa and Charles were seated at. Her hair was dishevelled and her shirt was a little out of place, which would normally scare a sober Amy, but not a now six drink Amy.

"Why do people leave me?" Amy said irritably as she checked her phone.

Rosa sighed, "Dude you are not again drunk texting Teddy."

"Yes Amy, you need to let him go, he didn't deserve you." Charles pitched in.

"Yes, guys I am not that drunk." Amy said loudly at which Charles and Rosa winced.

"Sure" Rosa looked at her and shook her head but little did she know that Amy was actually hovering her fingers over Jake's name in her contact list. She just felt the need to talk to someone. Well, whenever she was six drinks down she felt the need to talk to someone because apparently she becomes alone Amy after six drinks. She finally decides to text Jake instead of calling him.

To Jake:

Heyyy Jake! How are you doing?

But she doesn't know why she texted Jake. Maybe because he broke up with Sophia and she with Teddy and Amy liked Jake and he also liked her back.

---------

Amy woke up with a massive headache and she regretted the drinks she had the previous night. She looked up the ceiling gathering the courage to sit up, which she thought if it was really necessary as it was her day off work. But then her phone pinged indicating a text.

Oh well, it can be Jake, she texted him last night to which he didn't reply. So, she got up trying to ignore the throbbing in her head. But it was a text from Rosa;

From Rosa:

Finally, got to see nine drinks Amy. You never bragged about the fact that you know how to speak French.

Amy sighed irritably. So that's why she was having this headache. She again checked her texts to see if Jake replied but there was no answer from his side. This was weird. Jake would immediately notice that she uses three 'Y's in her text and would tease her about using informal form of texting. Was he avoiding her? But this thought disappeared as soon as she read a text from Terry, which came early this morning;