We start eating and it's quiet for a while, the tension in the room so thick you could cut it with a knife. Elena breaks the ice, "Bonnie, why don't you tell Stefan about your family history."

Bonnie shot a look at Elena, "It's not much, but my ancestors came from Salem." I perk my head up in curiosity and so does Stefan's.

"Really? Witches?" He asks. Bonnie nods her head and Stefan smiles at her, "That's interesting."

She shrugs, "I mean I guess so."

Stefan shakes his head, "No really it is."

She smiles at him and random conversation comes about as we finish our food.

As we're putting away the food, the doorbell rings. Stefan says he'll get it and walks to the front door. He's talking with whoever's there for a little bit when Elena goes over to him and lets them in.

I go into the living room to grab my sketchbook when I bump into a firm chest. "Hello, beautiful. We just always seem to bump into each other."

I look up and see that it's Damon. I smile up at him and laugh, "Guess I'm just clumsy." Caroline clears her throat from behind him.

I step back and look at her. She's pretty, smart and funny, no wonder Damon likes her. When I meet her eyes, it seems like she's glaring at me. Is she jealous? If so, why? Damon would never go for someone like me.

"Hey Caroline," I wave at her and to prove her dominance or whatever she steps up and links her arm with Damon. I sigh and take another step back.

I grab my sketchbook and Bonnie comes in, but stops cold at the sight of Damon. She just seems not to like any new people, huh?

Elena sensing the tension said, "Bonnie why don't you help me wash the dishes." Bonnie stares a Damon for a bit before straightening and turning on her heel to go into the kitchen.

Damon sits down in the chair and Stefan takes the couch next to him. Feeling that both of them need to talk I go into the kitchen and sit down at the island in the middle. A little while after, Caroline comes in and asks if we need any help. I just sit there confused because she's not the kind of girl to offer if someone needs help with cleaning.

I start sketching the candle from earlier making the flame appear as if it was moving. I tune out everything else as I start adding more details. Eventually, I laid my head down and drift off into a light sleep. A tap on my shoulder takes me back to the present.

Stefan stands beside me, "You okay?" I nod and rub my eyes, yawning. "Yeah, just a little tired."

I put my sketchbook in my bag and put it on my shoulder. "I can walk you home," Stefan says as Elena steps into the kitchen.

Looking around the room I ask, "Where'd everyone else go?"

Elena laughs, "While you were being Sleeping Beauty, Caroline and Damon left to go somewhere. Bonnie left a little while after."

I nod, "I must've been out for a while, huh?" I yawn again, ready to be snuggled deep into my warm, comfy bed.

Stefan shakes his head, "Actually not for that long, Bonnie left a few minutes ago. If you want I can take you home." He slips his black leather jacket on.

"No, I'm fine. I don't live that far away, besides the walk will help me wake up a bit, so I don't fall asleep in the shower."

We all laugh and they walk me to the front door, "We'll see you tomorrow, Y/N. Bye." I wave to them and start walking back to my house.

Once I get inside I go up to my room and grab some shorts and a tank top to put on after my shower. I slip my shoes off and throw my bag on the bench in front of my bed.

I drag myself and my clothes over to the bathroom. I place the clothes on the counter and turn around to turn the water on. I turn the shower on and walk over to the mirror.

I look at myself in the mirror and sigh before grabbing my toothbrush and the toothpaste from the counter. I brush my teeth and rinse my mouth out.

When the mirror starts to fog up, I peel off my clothes and left them to fall into a pile on the floor. I pull the shower curtain back a little and climb inside.

I sigh as the steaming hot water cascades over me, loosening my muscles and relieving my stress. I stand there for a while and just let the water engulf me in its hot embrace.

Once I'm done washing up, I turn off the water and step out onto the bath rug. I wrap a towel around me and start to dry myself off.

When I'm mostly dry, I slip on my nightclothes and throw the dirty ones into the laundry hamper on the way to my room. I put my feet into my slippers and go into my closet to grab one of the journals.

I bring it back with me to my room and sit on my bed. Turning, I reach over to the light on my nightstand. I open the journal to where I last left off.

It reads:

10 January 2001

It's been a cold winter. The group wants to act now, but some of the others and I have our doubts.

Everything seems off. It seems like something bad will happen soon. All we want to do is protect Y/N, but I don't know what might happen.

Someone's coming, I must go before they find this. Goodbye, journal.

I sit back against my headboard and reread the words: 'All we want to do is protect Y/N.' What does that mean? Protect me from what and who is the group?

Maybe my parents had more going on than they let on. Whatever it is, I need to know, but for now, I'm going to sleep.

I slid down and snuggle into my blankets, only moving to pull the string of my light. I closed my eyes and tried to think of what might be going on.