cursed love • chapter 3

Tick tack tick tack

The clock was ticking and Sejin was fidgeting. He was nervous as the cold sweat started to drool on human's temple and he did not spend any sweat because he had done what he shall do then he stared at the other side of the room. His mind was roaming to the moment when he met Wooseok for the first time and everything was perfectly fine for him.

Not until the identity of Wooseok himself was revealed. He was sorry for him, though he did not cause him, still, he was remorseful of what the condition the latter faced. To the point, he was having a flashback of his pain. And he forgot the person who knitted the pain in him, making all the signs that could trigger the monster within him; he forgot it all.

In another name, he had deliberately erased the memories of the latter by the help of Wooseok. If not, he could not pass the night and be burnt into ashes. So, for the sake of his life, better to live without that person's memories.

"Lee Sejin?" He lifted his face, looking panicked as the class was empty now and his professor waved the exam paper at him.

He bowed, rushing his stuff into the bag and approaching the professor as he handed the paper.

"..um, Sejin?"

He stopped his pace, turning back. "Yes, prof?"

His brow jerked, twitching as a sign for Sejin to look at the class. "Mind to wake him? I have grabbed his paper but well, he is kind of sound in deep sleep."

Sejin barely answered but the professor just passed him by, tucking the bundle of the exam paper and left him with the unknown classmate. He gave up. Perhaps being kind was not a problem, especially if the latter was human, might be a nice person who he could befriend with.

His gait was careful as if not making a haste one to approach and wake up that person. Until the person woke up by himself and blinked at Sejin.

"Sejin?"

He instantly furrowed his brow. He did not even remember when he introduced himself to the class so this person knew his name. He squinted at that person.

"Who?" He asked innocently.

The person before him offered a hand. "Seungyoun, nice to know you," he said.

Sejin shook his head, smiling. Somehow it did feel familiar but he brushed it off. Everything came deja vu when you lived as a vampire and met the same person in another era. Everyone would notice your face, being familiar with your presence but they would never remember where they met yourself back then; that's all Sejin put in his minds, getting used of the feeling and he still wore the smile on his face.

His eyes noticed something written on the paper that the person--Seungyoun-- held and stuffed in his bag.

Lamento que hayas hecho esto. Lamento todo lo que te hice.

He did not understand the words but he sneaked a glance at the features of the person before him. Well, he has met him before. At the cafe and Sejin did not approach himself at the stranger. And, he was quite interested in the latter.

They walked side by side, no talking, just walking. He did not seem humane, for Sejin's scrutiny. Besides he wasn't curious enough to know which person that person was.

"So...Sejin?"

He hummed.

"Do you speak Spanish?"

He shook his head. "Never. I only speak English and Korean. A little bit of Japanese, why?"

"Oh nothing," Seungyoun caressed his nape.