Fantasy POV

That big stack of money in my hand sounded so good right now. I can imagine the crowd clapping for me. I can picture many eyes looking at all one painting. My painting. My work. My dedication. This wasn't just any regular day, this was the day it would pay off. That my stuff would actually mean something. I put on a fresh coat of ruby red lipstick Jamie suggested. My outfit was already on after a long hot shower followed by cocoa butter lotion. I wore a brown pencil skirt that hugged every curve, a beige shirt with ruffles, and my new pumps I had bought just for today. I looked in the mirror countless times checking if everything looked good. My painting was on my bed, already framed. All I had to do was place it in the building. Before my eyes were a painting of my old country town before I moved out here to the city. Jamie came out the restroom making a instagram video being loud as usual.

Jamie: girl i'm ready to get this money. Our birthdays coming up and i'm ready to turn up.

Me: if I do win, that money will go to savings Jamie. You know that.

She showed a pouty face.

Jamie: well can we use half of it for shopping at least? We can go get some lingere for our boos. I know Shaun would love to see you in some lace.

She said laughing. She knew damn well I was a virgin. I watched her fix her hair in the mirror.

Me: speaking of him, we went to the gym together earlier. Its so much fun working out with him. And girl all those muslces! I could hardly focus.

Jamie: girl keep it up and that V card of yours will be gone!

Me: nothing can stop me from keeping my innoncence. Execpt for when the love of my life comes in the door.

Aruptly, Rich came in the door. Very ironic. Jamie laughed and went back into the bathroom. Rich always looked good when he dressed up, and smelled good too. But as of now his face wasn't the brightess.

Me: come sit here and let me fix your hair. Your curls are everywhere.

He sat down on the edge of my bed and looked ahead in the mirror.

Rich: guys, I got something to tell you two. Its bad news.

Jamie:please don't tell me the party for tonight isn't canceled!

Rich: no... Trinity and I are over. I caught her cheating on me.

Jamie rushed out the bathroom and sat by him. I continuted doing his hair. For some reason I was happy they were over but sad for Rich at the same time. What a weird feeling. I shook away from my thoughts.

Me: what? Did you know who the guy was?

Rich: it was Dalvin.

I rolled my eyes at that name. That name I knew all too well. Dalvin was for everybody and thought every girl he came across needed to be with him. Can't believe I once loved him.

Jamie: I should beat her ass for cheating on someone like you. You deserved way better anyway. You know I didn't like her.

Me: looks like i'm your number 1 fan now.

I said laughing.

Rich: you always were girl. You look good by the way but that skirt is too tight.

Me: its not that tight. I'm just a little curvy.

Rich: in all the right places too.

I hit him on the side of his head and sat beside him. Once jamie had gotten on the phone with Ryan, I decided to talk to him alone. I looked over at his grim eyes and read the sadness on his face. I hated to see my friend this way.