Ch. 4

*a few days into school*

Lyric's POV

After re-learning the "Please End My Depression And Suffering", I flopped onto my bed, legs dangling off the edge. I found that Cabba and I had a lot of classes together. I was really happy with this because he was probably the only one I knew, except for some pride troopers here and there.

It has been 4 days and Jiren still spends nights out on the balcony. I can tell that it's not doing him well, the bags under his eyes are starting to get more noticeable. He's also been talking less than usual, slightly lagging with his words and movements.

If that's possible at least, the dude needs to start talking more.

I shifted in the bed to try and get a more comfortable position. I know that there's a lot of people here, but why are the beds so small?

I groaned, getting back up to do something productive. The only good thing about alien school is that we don't have any homework. on Monday, we start our other electives. 

I left the room to go and see if Cornelia and Hit were here. Much to my dismay, they left a note explaining they left for a 'date'. 

Leaving just Jiren and I.

Alone.

In our dorm.

Speaking of which, even though he settled in his stuff he still sleeps in the living room. He wasn't in the room at this time, so I used this as an opportunity to change into more comfortable clothes.

I traded my long sleeve AOT and jeans and replaced them with an oversized Tokyo Ghoul tank top and shorts. I walked out to the balcony and sure enough, Jiren was there, meditating. His back was towards me, so I tiptoed my way around his side to get a better look at his face.

He was rather calm, almost as if he was asleep. I smiled softly at his expression. Usually he's wearing his frown, but seeing him make such a peaceful face was rather comforting.

With my sketchbook in my hands, I took my pencil and flipped to a clean page. I used Jiren as my model, drawing him from different angles and perspectives.

"What are you doing?" He asked, the faintest shred of amusement present.

"Sketching you." I replied, alternating glances between his figure and the page.

His next statement came out colder. "Isn't there the other two around for you to bother?" 

Not knowing where this attitude of his came from, I was somewhat pissed (this was an opportunity missed-). I stopped drawing, placing the pencil into my sketchbook, closing it ever so slightly. I huffed in annoyance, "For your information, they went out on a date. And I just thought it would be a good idea to spend some time together now that we're roommates-"

"Cut the roommate crap Lyric," he interrupted, "stop forcing yourself to talk to me." I stared at him in disbelief. "What?..."

"I said stop it already. I can tell that you are just pretending to want to get to know me just because you were brought here against your will." He stood up, heading inside. "I'll let the angels know you were being extra friendly-"

He never finished that sentence as I slammed my palm onto the frame of the sliding door, blocking his way from getting inside. He jumped in surprise, obviously not expecting my actions, but remained expressionless. My body was screaming 'the hell you doing bitch fucking move!!' Even though it was the one that moved on its own. My mind told me to get shit straight with this man or the rest of this semester would be hell.