Ch. 3

(Lyric's POV)

I walked down the empty hallways as I turned my music down, which was playing Happy Together, by Chelsea Collins. I used to listen to this whenever I felt like I needed to calm down. I know that its a love song and it's kind of sad, but it still helps.

As I skipped along the halls, I would either mouth the lyrics or just sing along. Some gave me weird stares, but I didn't care.

I headed to the lounge to clear my head just a bit.

I slapped my cheeks several times to get a hold of myself. I'm not sure why, but now I felt so exhausted. 

The lounge was almost empty, with some people here and there. I walked over to the balconies and sat down on the floor, poking my legs through the railing, letting them dangle off the ledge. I sighed, not knowing what would have happened if I didn't leave the room. I tried using my insanely weird imagination, but only lead to embarrassing myself no matter what I did.

I headed back to the room and tried to put the key in, but it didn't want to turn. I checked the keys that were in my hand, which turned out to be my house and car keys.

I grumbled at myself for being so stupid and knocked on the door. I checked the time on my phone, which read 8:47. Surely they haven't gone to sleep yet. I waited a few more minutes before going to knock again, only to be greeted by Cornelia.

She looked at me and tilted her head in confusion. "I'll tell ya later," I told her, going inside as she closed the door behind us. I tossed the keys onto the kitchen counter and ransacked the fridge. There was already some food there, but I grabbed a can of root beer and closed the fridge.

Cornelia San looked at the can I was holding and chuckled. "You sure you wanna drink that before bed?"

I giggled and replied, "Don't worry, I'll brush my teeth afterward." She shook her head and walked back into her room.

I opened the can and sipped it a bit. Funny, it's a bit more bitter than I remembered. I then chugged the rest down so I could get ready for bed. I tossed the can into the recycling bin and grabbed a cup m, filling it with water. I placed the cup on my nightstand and walked into the bathroom.

After brushing my hair and teeth, I looked in the room for Jiren. Surprisingly, he wasn't there. I asked Cornelia and she said he was  on the balcony meditating. I then heard more voices from the living room. I'm assuming Hit and Cornelia invited friends over. I was about to join them when someone asked, "Alright, who took a beer already?"

I widened my eyes, realizing that the can I was previously holding wasn't even a root beer can. Technically I'm still a minor(her hometown doesn't allow drinking until 21),  but if anyone found out I drank it then I'd probably die. I closed the bedroom door and went over to my bed.

I pulled out my phone and started to read fanfictions from one of my favorite shows: Hunter x Hunter.

~timeskip~

I woke up with a massive headache. I tried to move, but a strong arm was holding me down. I looked over to who was holding me captive and rolled my eyes. 

I shoved them off the bed and they landed on the floor. I peeked at the clock on my nightstand, which read 7:03.

"Hey, whaddya think you're doing?!?" Scarlette asked, rubbing her head. I rolled my eyes and got out of bed as well. "Not my fault you were trying to use me as your body pillow." I looked over to Jiren's bed to see it was empty.

"Yeah yeah, but you were pretty drunk last night so..." I looked at her with a 'bruh you for real' face. "I'm serious!! After seeing the empty beer can we thought it would be funny to replace your water with vodka." She explained.