Clubbing

It was nearly five in the morning the following day, and for the first time in six months, I slept more than three hours straight. I felt so good !
Of course, it was entirely thanks to Ash. Just flirting again brought back so much things in my empty soul. The fact that he was hotter than any guy I've ever seen also helped waking up my dormant body, and libido.
It had been a while since I felt that alive.
I only worked the afternoon on Tuesdays. I was supposed to be Jess, and wondered if she felt better.
Jess was a typical confident, extrovert and shameless girl. Crude, a bit self centered but with a good heart. Even if she could be very embarassing. She was typically the type of person constently ejecting me out of my confort zone, which was exhausting.
I braced myself for spending time with her all morning, and started to get bored. I finally left early, because I had nothing else to do.
I arrived at the coffee shop sooner than I should but didn't mind.

"Well, little Adam shows up early today !" Jess cheerfully said.

"Hi Jess"

"How are you ? I'm so so sorry for yesterday, but I was..."

I must admit I didn't listen. I could hear her talking, way too much to my taste.
I got my apron and went back in the main room.

"... so that's why I wasn't there yesterday. You forgive me ?" She asked me with her puppy eyes.

"Of course"

It wasn't like I really minded.

"Oh ! Jake left some pastries for you to make, so actually, you did good showing up early"

"I know" I blandly responded.

I went to the kitchen and started to bake. Since it was a little coffee shop and that Jess and I were the only employees, every minute spent there was busy.
I was lost in my dark thoughts when something drew my attention.

"Woah ! Hello gorgeous boy !" I heard Jess said loudly.

I barged in the room, with the idea of lecturing Jess once again about being professionnal. It wasn't the first time she allowed herself to be flirty with clients. Sometimes, the poor guys didn't even have an proper introduction.
I arrived behing the counter and immediatly spotted Ash, more gorgeous than ever, standing in front us. Well, I couldn't blame her for flirting with him, because this guy was freaking perfect.
I wanted to discreetly go back to cooking but unfortunately, Ash immediatly spotted me as well.

"Hey stranger" he said out loud with a flirty smirk.

Jess turned around and stared at me with a stunned facial expression, making me froze. I knew, I fucking knew I wasn't going to hear the end of it, especially when Jess was looking at me that way.

"Hey, guess you're here for coffee this time ?" I teased.

"Wait what ?! Ok can someone explain the situation ? Like how you, big muscled gorgeous bad boy, ended up with our little shy Adam boy ?"

Dear god. At least, Ash bursted out laughing. I didn't.

"Hum, we're not together" I shyly clarified, feeling my face heating up.

"Maybe not now, but you're clearly flirting. Which is cute and funny. Like, this guy is almost twice your size" Jess joked.

I was horrified. The boy she was comparing me to was still standing there, but was laughing, enjoying this situation way too much.

"I'm 5'7 !" I tried to defend myself.

"He's 10' !" Jess replied, imitating my tone.

"Hum, I'm 6'5, and Adam is perfect the way he is" Ash suddenly interrupted.

He flushed.

"Oooooh you're so cute together ! But you have to know Adam is depressed, so if you hurt him, I swear I'll make you regret ever being born" she affirmed, dead serious.

"Jess ! Please shut up !" I almost screamed.

Fortunately, we were alone in the shop at that moment.

"Well, to be honest, I'm still not here for coffee" Ash said, with a teasing tone.

Jess and I both stopped bickering and stared at him.

"Well, I have a few pastries that will soon be available" I responded teasingly as well.

He laughed.

"Well, I waited for your call since I left you, and I must confess I grew impatient. So here I am" he admitted, almost shyly.

I wondered how someone could be at the same time the sexiest man alive, and the cutest thing on earth. He was hot, and cute. That amazed me.

"Ok guys, now I need to see more of this. My panties are already wet just seeing you flirt. Now I need more" Jess blurted out.

Shut up Jess ! Just shut up ! I was enjoying so much this little moment of understanding I shared with him, and this girl just ruined it. Totally.
I hoped the floor would suck me up, but unfortunately, nothing happened.

"Well thank you ?" Ash replied hesitantly.

"Listen, there's this new club downtown, that will open this week-end. What about we go all the three of us ?" Jess excitingly asked.

I looked at Ash, and swore I saw something weird. Looked like fear, or uneasiness, or insecurity. Something like that.

"Well, not my scene" I said.

"Darling I don't give a fuck, you're coming with your date" she shot back.

"What do you say ? Clubbing ? Saturday night ? Apparently, the atmosphere is going to be crazy !" She added toward Ash.

I could feel he was in a dilemma. But I wondered how clubbing could be a dilemma. You like it or not.

"Well, why not" he finally said with a not so convincting smile.

"You can say no" I said.

"But I want to spent time with you. Can I finally have your phone number ?"

I smiled and gave it to him. He left soon after, with a latte.
And Jess harassed me with tones of questions about Ash for the rest of day.