twenty-two

that's nothing i had to remember

Josie and I walk down the streets of New Orleans

Josie and I walk down the streets of New Orleans. "Stasia, are you sure you want to do this?"

I turn to look at the brunette. "Jo, Hope is somehow related to me, and everyone's forgotten her. I need to remember who she is. so I can fix this." I explain. "My own family has been sitting right in front of me this whole time! I just, I don't know why someone would lie like that."

"Maybe she wanted to stay hidden," Josie shrugs. I nod slowly, approaching Rousseau's.

"Maybe." I mumble.

Josie and I take our seat, ordering our drinks as we wait. Josie fiddles with her drink while I sip on my own. "How do you manage to drink that?" She asks me.

I turn to look at her. "I'm a Mikaelson. Drinking is kind of our thing." Sipping my glass, I lean back.

"And how old are you claiming to be?"

Josie and I turn to look at who's speaking. "21...ish." Josie blurts.

"Aunt Freya," I smile, standing up to hug my aunt.

"It's called "the Big Easy" for a reason." Freya chuckles, patting my hack.

I smile. "Aunt Freya, this is Josie,"

Josie stands up, holding out her hand.Hi, I'm Josie."

Freya narrows her eye, "Didnt you two-?"

"Break up? Indeed." I chirp.

"B-but Stasia and I worked everything out. I have big jealousy problems." Josie rambles.

The three of us sit down, Freya pulling up a chair. "So, you go to the Salvatore as well?" Josie nods shortly. "My wife's got an eye on it for our son."

"We kind of need your help." I say to my aunt.

Josie speaks up. "There's this spell that we are kind of trying to reverse engineer." She begins to explain.

"I'm sure one of your teachers can help you with that." Freya says, standing up and walking away.

"An ancient Japanese black magic purge spell?" I blurt. Freya turns to look back at me. "I don't think they teach us those in school." I retort.

Freya steps towards us, looking between Josie and I. "You should go home, Anna. That magic isn't for you." She tells me once more.