nineteen

you remind me of someone i used to know

The Going Out Stage.

Probably the most awkward stage of them all.

I mean, you're not officially dating, but you're also not not together?

Speaking of awkward, Mayas mom took me to school.

In her Sheriffs car.

I sit in between Ethan and Maya, the two of them clearly liking me more than most of the Salvatore School probably ever did. Ethan playfully elbows my side as I elbow back. We send the jabs back and forth. "Can you two quit it?" Maya asks, annoyed. Ethan and I share a laugh as I lean on Maya's shoulder.

"What? You don't wanna play?" I ask playfully. Maya sends me an eye roll, but I can see the smile tugging at her lips.

"Well, well, well," Their mom hums, looking at the school. "Stallions attack, hm?" Sucking in a breath, I watch the toilet paper hanging from the roofs, spray paint all over the Mystic Falls emblem. We pull to the side, seeing only one person in the midst of it all. "This looks pretty self-explanatory, but you want to give it a shot?" Sheriff Mac hums towards the girls

"Um, toxic masculinity mixed with outdated sports pranks?" I look out Mayas window, seeing Hope.

I shake my head, "Crap," I reach over Maya, pressing down on the window button. "There's no way Hope did it. She's a Timberwolf, not a Stallion." I yell.

Hope looks towards us. "Maya? Annie? What happened?" She asks worryingly.

"Oh, don't worry." Maya waves. "She's my mom." She steps out of the car, helping me out. "We don't really like to talk about it."

Hope frowns, "We?"

Ethan steps out from the other side. "Hey, Hope." He chuckles, walking to stand next to his mom.

"Ethan?" She looks between us all "So you guys are ?"

"My kids, no matter how much it embarrasses them." Mac hums, "And Anna is Mayas friend."

I smile. "Cause who doesn't like getting dropped off to school in a cop car?" I chuckle.

"I'm on official business." Mac hums, Maya elbows me, pulling me along.

I walk between the two siblings, my hair bouncing in it's low messy bun. "I like your mom." I chirp, grinning at the two of them. They both send me slightly confused looks before turning away again.

"I'll leave you my phone number. Call me anytime."

Sheriff Mac closes the door, "Did you get all that?" Alaric asks out loud.

With a wave of my hand, the invisibility spell gone. I sit in Rics chair with Hope standing next to me. "Yeah." I say.