"Rayne... people who are being controlled by Sun Magic... does anything happen to their eyes?"

"What do you mean?" Rayne's voice is rough sounding because of how many times he gets sick a day. He tries not to talk so his throat isn't as raw.

"Like does it affect the way their pupils look in any way?"

"Yeah. Sometimes the pupils can become a different color depending on how heavily the Sun Magic is being used on them, the pupils can completely disappear, the pupils can grow so a person's entire eyes are black, or they can simply take on a milky or cloudy looking appearance. Why do you ask?"

"When I looked at Afton like really looked at him, his pupils were cloudy. Do you think he is being controlled by someone?"

"No it wouldn't be possible," Dion says. He is respectful of our private conversations most of the time, staying on the other side of the room. But this time he joins our conversation. "If anything, it is Afton overusing the Sun Magic. He uses it to control his 'pack', to hurt people, to make sure he is all-powerful. He gets frustrated because he can't use his Sun Magic near or in your pack. So he strengthens his power. It will eventually be his downfall."

"I used a vial to block the Sun Magic spell from affecting the warriors when we were fighting Carlisle. It must have acted as some kind of force field for the entire pack lands. That must be why Afton can't get through the borders and successfully use his Sun Magic."

"He is becoming sloppy. His anger is getting out of hand and the Sun Magic is consuming him. His reckless behavior has led him to travel closer and closer to your pack borders. One day they will catch him and kill him. If he gets stuck in the pack lands it is fair game. His Sun Magic will be cut off temporarily and your pack will show no mercy towards him. We can only hope that Afton is slaughtered like the wild animal he is. Then we can all be at peace." Dion stands, exiting the room before we can speak another word to him.

"Sage," Rayne whimpers and clutches his stomach. I can feel through our bond that he is hurting more than usual. "I wanna go home. I want to see dad and daddy again. I want Caden. Please get me out of here!"

"Please don't cry, Rayne. We are going to see them again. Just relax okay? At least try to. Get some rest you need to gather your strength. I'm going to look around the room for something I can use as a weapon. Now is the time I officially start planning our escape."

I wrap Rayne in the small blanket and ball up his old t-shirt from Afton into a makeshift pillow. I make sure Rayne is as comfortable as he can before I look around the room for anything that can help us.

Three hours pass by and I couldn't find anything. Out of frustration, I slam the metal table into the wall. The force of the push sends the bottom part of the wall crumbling. I wouldn't have spared the small hole a second glance if not for the silver glint within the rubble.

I dig through the crumbling wall and pull out a small silver flip phone. My heart stutters in my chest. I spot a small piece of paper as well buried in the rubble. The paper reads;

I couldn't save myself from Carlisle. I hope that whoever finds this phone will be able to save themselves in time.

-W

Who was this W person and why were they here? I guess that Afton and Carlisle didn't need a reason to throw someone down here. I thank whoever this person is and thank Goddess for leading me to find the phone.

I flip it open and the screen lights up as the phone comes to life. I do a little happy dance in my mind, ecstatic that the phone still works because whoever was down here hid the phone well that I couldn't tell when it was placed in the wall.
I begin to dial my dad's phone number. I don't get very far because right as I press the phone to my ear the door opens to reveal Afton. I gasp. He wasn't supposed to be down here tonight!

"What do you have in your hand, you mutt?"

I curl in on myself, afraid of Afton. Goddess, I shouldn't be afraid of him. I was an alpha!the noise makes Rayne wake up with a start. The smell of fear permeating in the room.

Afton stomps over to me and rips the phone from my hand. He snarls and crushes it before throwing the broken bits at the wall next to my head.

"Enjoy having no food for the rest of the week, Sage," Afton growls.

Fuck!