Chapter Forty-Four: Playing Cupid

~ Your pretty little eyes so blue are pullin' me in, like the moon on your skin... ~

Chapter Forty-Four: Playing Cupid

"TAKE IT ADAM!" I yelled.

"God dammit! Max! I blame you entirely!"

"What? Why?!"

"You're the one who taught her how to play! Now she's kicking our asses!"

"Correction: kicking your ass, Adam. I'm not playing. I know better than to play against my girlfriend."

I let out an evil laugh, sniping him again. Adam flipped an imaginary table, and Max laughed under me. The three of us were sprawled out on the couch in the living room in comfortable clothes, playing Call of Duty on the Xbox. Max was leaning against the arm of the couch, his arms wrapped around me as I sat on his lap. Adam was on the edge of his seat, perched carefully as he kept his eyes on the screen.

"You could help, ya know," Adam told Max, watching as the Killcam played on the bottom half of the screen. Max rolled his eyes, nodding his head.

"Alright," he agreed, after a moment of thought. I raised my eyebrows at him, still flicking away on my controller. He smirked, just nodding towards the screen. I returned my gaze towards the battlefield, paying him no attention.

"Dammit!" Adam cursed as I got him again. I chuckled, fully focused again as I changed weapons and ran for it.

I suddenly felt something warm brush my arm. I quickly disregarded it as a motion of affection from Max, continuing my game. I felt his fingers appear again on my body, this time under my shirt on my back. His touch was gentle as he ran his hand across my skin, further and further up my back. My thoughts fuzzed in and out, but I managed to maintain enough conscious thought to continue my game.

I suddenly felt his breath on my bare shoulder paired with his touch on my back, and I realized my movements were slowing. I shook my head slightly, trying to shake the fog settling over my mind. I felt Max smirk, slowly pressing his lips against my shoulder sweetly. One kiss became two, two became three, all of them slow and deliberately trailing closer to my neck. By now my fingers were numb, and I knew what was going on; he was helping Adam by distracting me, and damn was it working. I put all of my attention on making my fingers move the way they were supposed too on the controller.

Max moved my hair over to the other side of my head, his lips moving to continue kissing up my shoulder. My eyes flickered closed, then quickly snapped open again. My reaction time was decreasing steadily, my control slipping as he kissed the skin connecting my shoulder with my neck. I gave a violent shiver, and I felt him smirk against me. His hand came up to the other side of my neck, his soft kisses continuing and forcing me to bite my lip. He knew he had me, he knew he was definitely gonna win this, but I wasn't about to go down without a fight. I forced myself to keep a steady aim as I sniped Adam, hearing him give his typical cuss word.

Max just chuckled. "You can't win," he told me gently, goosebumps forming on my skin where his breath hit. "I know your weak spot..." he trailed off, slowly kissing my neck. I bit the inside of my cheek, hard, fighting it as hard as I could. Damn this boy, I thought helplessly. He knows how weak I am for his kiss on my neck...

"You're such an asshole," I murmured, feeling myself relinquish control. He smirked, moving to cup my face. He tilted my head towards him, his eyes sparkling with amusement.

"I know," he whispered, before softly touching his lips to mine. The controller completely dropped from my hands, hitting the floor with a soft thud as I wrapped my arms around his neck, coming closer. His hands ran up and down my back, gently rubbing circles on my shoulder blades as he lost himself in the kiss. Neither of us pulled away willingly, too deep into the kiss to maintain coherent thoughts.