Chapter Two: Rooftop Skylines

~I can see me and you, being best friends... The kind of friends that finish each others sentences~

Chapter Two: Rooftop Skylines

I slowly sat up in bed, stretching my hands above my head. The sunlight was pouring into the room from my window, the faint murmur of the birds' songs as they played through the ajar glass. I slowly crawled out of my warm tangle of blankets and sheets, scratching my head as I walked over to the window. I pushed it closed, locking it back. I blew a piece of my bangs out of my face, leaning against the pane.

I looked over at my alarm clock, seeing the time; 10:14.

I went into my bathroom, running a brush through my knotted hair. After Max and I had finally come back inside last night, or, this morning rather, I just rinsed the chlorine out of my hair and went to bed... I didn't dry it. So my hair was a disaster.

Once I finally got my hair to cooperate and my ringlets to fall properly, I put them back in my pigtails. I brushed my teeth, feeling a lot better. I grabbed my phone on my way out of my room, bounding down the stairs to find Max at the kitchen table eating cereal.

"Morning!" he greeted, smiling at me as I passed him on my way to the fridge. I flashed him a smile through my sleepy grog, bending down to look into the fridge. I laughed, seeing a huge stash of Monsters on the bottom shelf. I shook my head slightly, grabbing a blue one.

"Such a boy," I commented, taking my monster and a Poptart and sitting down across the table from Max. He grinned at me, his mouth full of Cheerios. I laughed at him, popping the top of my can.

"Monster?" he asked. "This early?"

I nodded, pulling open my Poptart wrapper. "I gotta have some way to wake up, don't I?"

He laughed at me, standing up and taking his bowl to the sink. I watched him rinse it out, leaving it next to the sink. I took a big gulp of Monster, scrunching my face up at its taste paired with my strawberry Poptart. Then I laughed at myself, taking another gulp in spite of myself. Max just shook his head and chuckled at me, opening the fridge and grabbing a Monster for himself.

"So what do you wanna do today?" he asked, sitting back down and taking a sip. I leaned back, thumping my fingers on the table as I thought.

"You still wanna take me sight seeing?" I asked, finishing my drink. Max nodded, smiling a cute smile across the table at me. I smiled back, standing up and throwing my can away.

"I'll go get ready," I said, walking out of the kitchen.

"Meet me back here in an hour!" he called as I trotted up the stairs to take a shower.

* * * * *

I checked myself in the mirror one last time to make sure I looked alright. My makeup was in check, no issues there. My hair fell in all the right places, the curls around my shoulders. Nothing wrong with my outfit, just a plain fitted blue shirt with a pair of jean capri's. The shirt made my eyes pop, which I tried to do as much as possible... I LOVED my blue eyes.

I walked out of my bathroom, grabbing my wallet and my phone. I pulled on my favorite pair of worn, black tennis shoes and walked out of my room, running down the stairs and jumping the last few. I laughed at my childishness, walking towards the kitchen.

"Ready?" Max asked, twirling his keys on his fingers. He was wearing a white v-neck and a pair of jeans, a pair of tennis shoes on his feet. He was holding a pair of sunglasses in his hand, leaning against the wall. I nodded at him, running a hand through my hair as we made our way out to his Mustang.