Chapter Thirteen: Ouch

~ I see it in your eyes your disappointed, cause I'm the foolish one that you anointed with your heart... I tore it apart ~

Chapter Thirteen: Ouch

"Aww! Is Max gonna be a pretty ballerina?"

"Shut up Adam."

"What did you do, lose a bet?"

"No, I didn't lose. We tied."

"How the hell do you tie in a bet?"

"I made Blakely trip."

Adam looked to me, after I had been silent during the whole exchange between them. I just smiled and shrugged, a small laugh leaving my body. Max laughed too, beginning to wrestle and play fight with Adam. I rolled my eyes lovingly, watching the boy I love and his best friend roll around on the soft cork floor of the porch.

Max was the first to get up, and I decided to join in the fun. I jumped on his back when he wasn't looking, laughing a little. His hands reached back to catch my legs instantly, keeping me from falling back down.

"Get him, Adam!" I said with a laugh as Adam got up and began getting at Max.

"Hey!" Max laughed. "You're my girlfriend... Aren't you supposed to be on my side?" he asked me, getting creamed by Adam. I giggled, clinging to him tighter.

"Not how it works babe!" I assured him, jumping down as Adam tackled him. Max laughed, finally able to fight back now. They goofed off for a few more minutes, eventually ending with Adam as the winner.

"WHOO!" Adam yelled, jumping from the floor and giving me a high five. Max grinned up at us, sprawled out on the floor.

"Alright, you win," he said, sitting up. I offered him my hand, and he took it, tackling me in a hug when he was up. I giggled, stumbling back. He laughed, slowly pulling away and turning to face Adam.

"So you gonna show me the dance or what?" Adam said, smirking at Max. I smiled, squeezing his hand and moving to my starting position. He followed suit, and I pointed to one of the chairs next to the dock, addressing Adam.

"Hit track seven on the practice playlist please," I asked as Max went stood ready to begin. Adam gave a curt nod, walking over to the dock. He found the playlist, and I sent a reassuring smile towards Max, seeing him get a little tense. He looked at me helplessly, his eyes pleading with me.

'Just catch me,' I mouthed with a small smile. He took a deep breath and nodded as the music started.

Max never even stumbled as we went through the first two parts. His moves were flawless and perfectly in sync with mine. He was calm as the lift approached, looming in the back of my mind. When I'd finished my front walkover and stood in prep for my leaps, he even smiled at me. I grinned back, holding two counts and taking my leaps.

When I jumped, he effortlessly caught me where he was supposed to, turning me with perfect timing. He winked at me, finishing in our ending pose. I let out a childish laugh as the music ended. He smiled cutely, staring at me. It was silent for a moment, until Adam spoke up.

"BRAVO!" he yelled, clapping over dramatically. I laughed, watching him walk over to us. I gave a small curtesy, before pushing Max into a bow.

"You looked fabulous Max," Adam said in a fruity voice, wiggling his eyebrows at his best friend. Max punched him in the arm, a small smile on his face. He instinctively reached out for me, his hand finding a familiar place around my waist. He pulled me to him, still talking to Adam.