One drink too many.

Calvin returned with a tray of two Kruger lites, two bottles of soda and a bowl of peanuts. Setting them down on the lounge table and took a sit near Vid. It unsettled her but she hid it well.

"Krug lite is a good starter for newbies. It’s soda for me and Vee."

"Wait, you don't drink? And don't you have a job to do at the counter?!" Sarrah said inquisitively.

"It’s an irony actually. My father owns this bar but I've never been a fan of alcohol. I'm an officer actually. I do the bartending in my free time out of respect and love for him." He said.

He went on to tell the girls about his life growing up, college days and current job. The girls were very impressed especially Vid who was falling for every bit of this guy the more he spoke. The girls also shared their own stories. They were having the time of their lives and Cal was enjoying himself too. He found it very amusing whenever the Anjie and Sarrah poked fun at Vid for being too uptight.

"Cal, do you mind if I ask? Are you single? We are looking to hookup Vid, so she can loosen up a bit." Anjie said laughing.

Vidya looked at Anjie sternly feeling embarrassed.

"Well, you are in luck. I've been single for over a year now. But I don't know if I'm her type," Cal replied, enjoying the direction the whole conversation was taking.

"Are you serious right now?!" Sarrah shouted in surprise.

"Let's just say in my line of work, attachment isn't a very strong suit. But I'm working hard to remedy that." He said.

"I'm sure you've won cool points in her heart for your chivalry tonight." Anjie replied smiling.

"Anj please stop embarrassing me. I can't take this anymore." Vid said between giggles.

Anjie brought out her phone and they took pictures. Sarrah wasn't satisfied, she came here to get drunk not chitchat. She had to wing this on her own.

"Where's the rest room Cal?" She asked coyly.

Cal motioned her in the direction and continued taking selfies with the other two. Unknown to them, Sarrah had other plans. Since their attention wasn't on her, she went directly to the bar stools where the men sat. She had enough people obscuring the line of vision of her friends. Sitting on one of the stools, she ordered for a drink like in the movies;

"One glass of scotch please." She said.

"On the way." Peters replied.

She sipped it slowly and liked what the fire did to her body. Sarrah swallowed the rest. She ordered for another, then another, then another. She had lost the sensation in her fingers after the second glass and couldn't see straight when a man next to her said;

"I think you've had enough, young lady. Peters add her orders to my tab. She's in no condition to count money right now. Are you here with friends or alone? Who can I call to take you home?" He asked trying to gently bring her off the stool and inadvertently knocking her purse to the floor, spilling its contents. But like they say, too much alcohol is a recipe for disaster and making bad decisions. All what he had said got lost in translation and Sarrah in her intoxicated state interpreted it poorly.

"Don't touch me you dog. If you had a wife or daughter, would you like a stranger to take advantage of them like that?"
She replied, angrily with a riposte of other inappropriate words. She bent down, hurriedly picking her belongings off the floor and staggered her way towards her friends leaving her I.D on the floor. Everyone around was puzzled and looking to see what the commotion was. The man was confused, angry and upset at the treatment she gave him. He apologised to the people around that it was a misunderstanding and Peters affirmed it. He ordered another glass of beer in order to forget the episode. Cal was about asking Anjie whether it was normal for Sarrah to take long in the rest room when she stumbled back into the lounge.

"I had the best time tonight. I think I also embarrassed a man. This is what I call fun." She slurred.

Anjie and Vid looked at each other not in the least bit surprised how Sarrah managed to pull it off.

"You finally got what you wanted. I hope you didn't put us in trouble as usual." Anjie said staring at her disappointed.

"I think we should be on our way...don't you girls think so?"
Vid asked, even though she wished she could spend more time listening to Cal.

"Alright Cal, it was good of you to show us a nice time. We are grateful."
Anjie said, wrapping her arm around Sarrah's shoulders.

"Lemme walk you girls to your car if you don't mind," He offered.

"Okay, no problem." Vidya replied.

As he walked them across bar towards the door, he asked Peter for the whereabouts of Det. Patel.

"He is probably in the rest room, Cal." His brother replied.

After walking to the car, he gave Vid who sat behind the wheel his card.

"It’s rather unconventional. I should be asking for your number Vee but I don't want to jump the guns. So I'm gonna take a chance by giving you my number, if you call back then I know you want this to continue. But if not, you haven't lost anything. I personally hope you'll call." He said finally.

Vid took the card trying her best to keep a straight face.

"Smooooooth," Sarrah said, from the back seat giggling before vomiting on the floor.

“I don’t feel good.” She added when she was through.

"Thank you very much. We have to take her home now. Have a good night." Anjie said as the girls drove off back to their apartment.

Cal walked back into the bar to finish work for the day pretty happy with himself.

Just as they left, a bike tailed the girls.