Chapter Thirty Five

Start from the beginning

This is the first time I've smoked in months, i only stopped because he asked me too.

Hah, its funny, he used to tell me that if i kept smoking he would start smoking.

Imagine small little oscar harris smoking.

I stare at the sky.

Is he ok?

I cant imagine my life without him.

Hes my everything.

I turn on my phone and stare at my screensaver.

Its a picture of oscar smiling. I stare at the photo, taking in every facial feature he has.

I cant lose him.

You might be thinking im being dramatic, hah lukes crying over oscar being gone for 2 weeks.

But wouldnt you cry?

Wouldn't you cry if everyone around you told you your soulmate is dead.

Wouldn't you cry if you saw your phoenix scar slowly fade away.

wouldn't you cry if your future is possibly hurt, your soulmate, your world, that you promised to protect forever.

Wouldn't you cry?

That one day when I was sick and came to school, it wasn't because I missed Oscar, but I knew something was wrong. I can't explain how I knew, how the wave of anxiety that overwhelmed me forced me to school, but it happened.

And thats how I feel right now, but only ten times worse. As though he's in danger far beyond my reach.

And sure, we've only been dating for 8 months but he's my future, you only get one soulmate and I'd want nobody else on this planet aside from him.

And I got him, it was almost a guarantee that we'd spend our lives together, that he'd be my source of happiness for the rest of my days.

And now he's gone.

And sure, he could reappear next week saying he was on a trip and broke his phone, but we all know thats now how Oscar is. We all know he'd use one of his parents phones or a wall phone to call one of us and let us know that he's going away or that his phone has broke.

But we've heard nothing.

I suddenly feel a body sit down next to me.

"He hated when you smoked." I smile at miss perry and wipe my face, tear stains smeared across my sleeve. When did I start crying?

"Yeah well he cant stop me can he?"

She frowns and takes my hand.

(Miss perry is lizzie)

"Do you know where he is?" She shakes her head.

"No clue" she stands up and pulls me up with her.

"But i know he will come back." I breathe shakily.

"How do you know?" She smiles.

"I just know luke." I smile softly and follow her back inside, putting my cigarette out beforehand.

I hope shes right.

I really hope shes right.

Because who knows how long the devil truly can survive without the angel.

~~~

James pov

My mind is spiralling with what ifs.

What if his dad hurt him?

What if he "went to greece."

What if we never see him again?

Im trying to think of positives.

What if hes ok?

What if his phone has broke and hes gone away?

But that doesnt feel right.

I know oscar isnt ok.

I've been in a state of panic for days. Tyler is trying to stay cheery, abby is trying to support everyone, and luke?

Well... luke isnt ok.

Lukes- lukes a mess.

He doesnt show it much, but we can see it.

Everyone can.

He tries to hide his red puffy face which is completely tear stained.

He tries to not explode with anger at any little thing.

He tries not to break down at the thought of his soulmate never coming back.

But nobody will mention it.

His friends care too much to mention, and others are too scared to mention.

People still refuse to look into his eyes again.

Oscar had almost lifted that, people became comfortable around him, barely anyone looked into his eyes, but they didn't exactly avoid him.

But now?

Well now people are blaming him.

And when i say people, i mean mostly peter.

Well, peter is the only one to say it too luke.

Everyone else just whispers within the shadows.

Because nobody has the guts to tell luke daniels that he killed his soulmate, weather thats true or not.

Miss perry is hiding her pain as well.

She seems perky, she tries to tell us oscar is ok, that she knows and that shes ok.

But we know they both aren't, but yet again we wont talk about it.

"He wasnt this upset about lily." I look at tyler, sadness coating my body.

"Dont get me wrong, he was heartbroken, but this? His own soulmate? This has crushed him."

I nod.

"Do you think hes ok?" I nod.

Because thats all i can do.

thats all the whole school is asking each other.

As if some gossip like "do you think megan is pregnant." Or "do you think ella slept with mark?"

But instead.

No smiles are shared when people gossip about this.

The whole school has a bad feeling about this.

Because everyone wants to know, if hes alive? where he is? And if he is dead. People want to know: who killed the angel known as oscar harris.

********
A//N
Hey guy!
Thanks for reading! Ik its bad but oh well!! Hope you enjoyed. Leave any ideas and i might do it or questions and i will answer!

Anyways thanks for reading!

Ngl this book will end up being as bad as my other book but oH wEll.

Lmao Im sorry its baddd but its gay so shhHhHh.

Word count: 1523

Vote and comment! Cya next time bai!~

PerfectlyOdd_
<3