Chapter 4

For the last few hours, Kanda's eyes were fixed on Allen's face. He didn't understand why though. His eyes stared in a deep wonder about the curse mark that scarred Allen's face. Kanda clenched his teeth, trying to get rid of these odd feelings. He lightly traced his finger over Allen's scar, sleepily.

Allen twitched in his sleep, almost as if he was frowning in his rest. Kanda quickly moved away from him, trying to think of why he did that. There was no reason, and it confused him. And since it confused him, it angered him.

"K-Kanda...", Allen murmured in his sleep, sounding regretful. Kanda gulped, "Beansprout...?"

"D-Don't..please..I don't want you to die..."

Kanda stepped back, shocked in the slightest. "Damn beansprout, I'm not going to die.", Kanda answered with a harsh attitude. When Allen stopped his mumbling, Kanda's eyes softened and his eyebrows furrowed into a worried curve.

"I have to repay you."

***

Allen kept one eye open, watching Kanda sulking. Honestly, he just wanted to see what Kanda was like when he was asleep.

Kanda stepped towards him again, and Allen quickly shut both eyes. Something was pressing on his abdomen, but then soon released and Allen could feel the icy air.

Kanda set the bandages on the floor, boring his eyes into the wound. It had most definitely healed quite a bit, but still caused Allen a lot of pain. Kanda grabbed the gauze and lightly pressed on the oozing blood. Allen groaned slightly, but didn't mean it in that sense.

"You're awake, beansprout."

"Why are you doing that? It hurts."

Kanda didn't reply with a harsh comment, but kept applying pressure to the wound.

Allen whacked Kanda in the neck, "Stop it, bakanda!"

"Damn it Beansprout! I was only doing what the nurse told me to do!"

Allen frowned, "Then why were you touching my face earlier? I'm not hurt there, dumbass."

Kanda stormed out of the room, "DAMN YOU!!"

Allen blinked a couple times before poking at his wound.

Kanda stormed back in, grabbing mugen and then leaving with a few grumpy mumbles.