Chapter 5

Kanda's fingers twitched aganist the bandages around Allen's hand.

"What the hell did you do this time, beansprout?", he grumbled as Allen laughed nervously.

"I was trying to set soba over on the night stand and ended up injuring myself with chopsticks.", Allen explained and then smiled. Kanda rolled his eyes and unraveled the bandages.

"Wait a minute, did you say, soba?", Kanda inquired suddenly interested, "Why were you trying to set up soba?"

"Well it was a thank you for all you've done."

Kanda blinked a couple times before sighing, "You're a fucking idiot, beansprout."

Allen frowned but laughed slightly, because honestly it was a funny situation. He would have thought of getting soba for Kanda, and even so injuring himself with chopsticks. Even if he did just wanted to thank him, there were other ways he could do so. Perhaps, giving mugen a cleaning? Or simply not do anything stupid in front of him.

"I'n serious Kanda, I want to thank you." Allen let a smile form at his lips as he looked up at Kanda.

"Stop thanking me," he said, "I should be thanking you." Kanda whispered it though, afraid to admit that he needed to thank him. If it wasn't for Allen, he may have never been able to die peacefully.

Allen heard his small comment and tried his best to sit up, looking Kanda in the eye.

"Thank you for making me a stronger person," he said.

And then Allen did the unthinkable.

Allen slowly embraced Kanda lightly saying, "And you're welcome."