The coldness of her response sends a stinging sensation through my heart. She thinks the accident was a "stunt", that Tyler's death was a publicity stunt. My parents were reaping from the accident while I was still suffering. At that realization, I couldn't take it anymore. I snap.

"Enough," I stand from my seat and finally turn towards my mother. "I'm not some product you can use to promote the company. I'm your goddamn daughter," I shout. My heart starts to beat faster. "How dare you play off the accident as some little stunt! Tyler's death was no stunt. Tyler lost his life and all you can think about is the sale boost it gave you! What kind of sick sadistic person thinks that way?! Using people like their pawns and brushing them away once you're done with them."

"Alex-"

"No, mother, I'm done. You win!" I exclaim.

"Win?"

"You and father never wanted me in the first place. You never wanted a family. Now you've got that. Because, as far as I'm concerned, you're nobody to me," I tell her as I walk past her and into the foyer.

I am about to make my stage exit when a shooting pain surges through my body and strikes my heart. I clasp onto my chest in hopes of lessening the pain, but it simply brings more from my broken ribs and stiff muscle. I collapse onto the ground and lay with pain as my company.

"Alex!"  A voice comes from somewhere outside of my fading vision.

"Alex, can you hear me? Stay with me, please. Stay with me, you hear me. Don't leave me, Alexandra-"

"I can't. I'm so tired," I murmur as I let the blackness take over me.

I bolt up from the ground and see that I'm surrounded by a forest of trees and bushes. I get up and look around. How did I get here? Where exactly is here?

I try to look for any indication of a way out but I come up empty when I find myself going in circles. The one thing I notice is the lack of pain throughout my body. My injuries were gone. My soreness and pain were nonexistent. I am miraculously healed and perfectly fine.

"What the hell is going on?"

"You shouldn't curse like that," the familiar voice comes from behind me.

I quickly turn and come face to face with the little girl that has been invading my dreamscape. Sofia.

"Ah, so this is a dream," I whisper to nobody in particular.

"It's not a dream," Sofi says.

"If not a dream, then what is this? Why do I always see you in my dreams?"

"Those aren't dreams," she replies.

"So what are they? What is this?" I ask.

She just smiles and runs off. I take off after her wanting more answers. For a little kid, Sofi is definitely a speedy one. She takes a sharp left passed a tree and when I take the same turn, she's long gone. Damnit. Where did she go?

"Hello? Sofi? Where did you go?" I shout out trying to pinpoint where she could have gone. Nothing. I groan in frustration and sit on a nearby stump.

"Giving up already? Tsk tsk. Here I thought you were a fighter. The McKenzie I know wouldn't quit so easily."

That voice. It instantly brought tears to my eyes as the voice rang through my ears.

"Tyler," I stare into his icy blue eyes as he smiles down at me. At this point all walls were down and the tears came rushing out. I rush up and bring him into a tight embrace, not wanting to let him go.