Silent Night, Deadly Night

Start from the beginning

"Why is the Northsider here?" Sweetpea asked coldly.

Lexy arched an eyebrow at him, confused as to why he was being so cold to her. "Okay, rude, but yeah why am I here?" She asked Jughead.

"You're here because nobody knows knives like you do. And we're gonna need you in order to take out Penny."

"I am not killing Penny for you, Jug, if that's what your getting at!"

"I'm not. We're just gonna scare her."

Lexy sighed. "Well I guess I'm in then."

All of the other Serpents still looked skeptical until Toni spoke up.

"What is the first law?" She called out.

"No Serpent stands alone." Sweetpea answered, standing up and walking towards the fire. "I'm in."

"Me too." Toni said.

"Let's do this." Fangs added.

All of the Serpents began to stand up and make a circle around the fire. Lexy stayed seated but Jughead gestured for her to join them, forcing Sweetpea to roll his eyes. This did not go unnoticed by Lexy and Toni and Fangs.

After the Serpents planned out how they would take out Penny, Lexy approached Sweetpea who was getting ready to get on his bike.

"Hey, what's with you?" She asked accusingly.

"Don't know what you mean." He replied.

Lexy knew he was playing dumb but she explained herself anyway. "At Fp's retirement party, we had a good time, and now I'm just a Northsider to you again."

"You'll always be a Northsider, Andrews. Just because you're going through a rebellious phase doesn't mean that's gonna change anything."

Usually when Sweetpea called her Andrews, it was cute and she liked it. Now it sounded more like an insult and she felt offended. Lexy scoffed at his sudden outburst and rolled her eyes. He must've just had one too many drinks the night of the retirement party. He never really liked her.

"Fine. Whatever." She snapped, walking away from him and the rest of the Serpents.

Fangs noticed her walking away angrily and knew Sweetpea had something to do with it. "What did you say to her?" He asked.

"Nothing!" Sweetpea shot back.

"You know, you're my best friend, but you can be an asshole sometimes."

Fangs rolled his eyes and went back to talking to Toni, angry at his best friend for treating an innocent girl like a criminal.

***

Jughead and the serpents had just kidnapped Penny and brought her to a ditch in Greendale, knowing that nobody would see them there. Toni removed the bag they had over Penny's head roughly. The rest of the Serpents stood in front of her intimidatingly.

"Where am I?" Penny asked.

"You're in Greendale, your new home." Jughead explained. "But frankly, Penny, I don't care where you set up shop. But it's not gonna be in Riverdale. And it's not gonna be with the serpents. You wanna do drugs? You wanna extort people? That's your business. But not on the Southside. That belongs to us."

Penny began laughing patronizingly at him.

"You stupid, cocky kid!" She rolled up her sleeve exposing her snake tattoo. "Serpent law says you can't hurt one of your own."