season 3: my biggest gripe

i can't show my face on the internet otherwise i would've made a youtube video about this

but yeah

let's talk about season 3

disclaimer: i probably won't talk about sam because they did a really good job with him, same with paige (i want her to go back to college PLEASE). mostly going to be cazzie and doug/elsa (maybe some zahid/gretchen). this will also be very unedited so forgive me if i say something dumb.

let's start with my biggest gripe and then we'll go into the more positive stuff

s c r e e n  t i m e

say it with me: casey and izzie didn't get enough screen time. 

they got together too late in the season. either that, or they should've gotten more screen time in episodes 8 and 9.

lemme count the scenes they got from episode 7 and beyond

1. kiss scene (yes)
2. sitting outside and talking + beth interrupting them
3. the notes in (chemistry??) class (was real cute)
4. "hanging out" in casey's room + goodbye kiss
5. hanging out in the lobby and izzie getting mad
6. hanging out in the hotel room and izzie not being mad
7. dance scene (🔥🥵) + izzie kissing that guy
8. casey ignoring izzie pt. 1
9. casey ignoring izzie pt. 2 + (weird??) hallway kiss
10 casey lying to izzie + awkwardly holding hands.
11. casey apologizing for lying + hallway kiss

it is up to scene 9 where i start to ????

because something like "cheating" (i don't count it as cheating because technically they weren't even together yet) is a strange thing to forgive so quickly. and it's like...casey didn't ask for another explanation?? just gets kissed and is like "yeah, sure, okay"

it felt forced and artificial. it was strange because every cazzie scene up to this point felt organic. but izzie saying "i REALLY like you" in desperation for casey to forgive made me feel some type of way (the good kind of way).

i almost wish...i almost wish izzie DIDN'T kiss casey in the hallway.

stupid plotline incoming

izzie could've taken some time to become Less of a Mess™️  before talking to casey and actually have done some self-reflection and give a BETTER explanation than "i don't want to be like my mom but my brain just betrays me sometimes" (there's nothing necessarily wrong with that explanation but at the same time ??? there needed to be more depth to that, i think)

izzie shows up at casey's house, mirroring the first time they really solidified their friendship ("hey." "hi."). and they have a REAL CONVERSATION.

casey tells izzie about UCLA, izzie congratulates her sincerely and they fall into a silence that is very...unsettling because they don't know if they want to fight or make out.

izzie explains what happened in her head in a more in-depth because there's no getting around the fact that she kissed that guy because her brain couldn't fathom the fact that she liked a girl. 

izzie explains the things, casey forgives her, "i'm not easy" "i'm not looking for easy", they kiss, and they agree to NOT go public at school.

because izzie is obviously not comfortable being public yet. internalized homophobia doesn't show up for an episode and then disappears.

TL;DR - casey and izzie should've had more screen time and conversed more after the whole dance thing. it would've made it seem more organic and less forced.

anyway

elsa and doug: im glad they got together but goddamn they need couple's therapy. could make a post about them another day

zahid and gretchen: it was funny but it was unnecessary. they got rid of gretchen so quick it was kind of weird. once again, i could make a whole post about them another day.

sam and paige: very sweet, i love them sm, 10/10 would recommend

OVERALL, WAS GOOD, 7/10 COULD BE GAYER

lemme know if you disagree or agree with any of my points
or add you own

i will probably make a list on all the things i loved in season three but yeah

anyway, hope you enjoyed :D
- berry <3