When Matty leans over and gives Nick a prolonged kiss on the cheek, George sees red for a split second. He belatedly realizes they are posing for a picture, but that doesn't change the fact that George is fuming, his blood seething beneath his skin as Matty continues to shamelessly flirt with the radio show host.

George tries to remind himself that Grimmy is taken, and even if he wasn't, Matty isn't his to claim in the first place, but it isn't working. George doesn't know where this possessive streak has come from. It's never bothered him before when Matty turns on the charm with someone else, which happens often, but something has changed since their kiss. George can't help but be angry at the fact that someone is touching his Matty, although Matty isn't his - not in that way.

Matty turns around just then, beckoning to George to join them once he notices he is awake. George forces his face to morph into a semblance of a smile that's threatening to transform into a scowl at any moment, but when Matty wraps an arm around his waist once he reaches his side, some of the bitterness filling his lungs dissipates.

George manages to stay coherent for the rest of the show, apologizing for his demeanor once the microphones are powered down and Nick has finished bidding them farewell and good luck on their tour. Nick brushes off George's words, pushing a cup of coffee into his hands on the way out even though George is so tired he knows caffeine isn't going to work like it usually does.

George perks up slightly once they leave the building, ready to return back to his flat so he can get some proper rest, but he is stopped before he can take two more steps by the screams of excited fans. George had forgotten how they tend to gather outside of the station in the hopes of obtaining an autograph, and no matter how exhausted he is, he can't ignore the kids in favor of some shut-eye, not that Matty would let him anyway.

Matty's already heading over to them, and George panics slightly when he loses sight of his best friend among the swarm of bodies. He finds him quickly enough though, a pen cap hangs out of his mouth as he signs a cd for a blushing girl with cleavage spilling out of her too-tight top.

When Matty leans over and presses his lips against the girl's scarlet cheek, George refuses to acknowledge the dull rush of jealously this time, shoving down his erratic emotions so he can pay attention to the blonde that's approaching him with a nervous grin. Matty isn't his, he reminds himself, hoping that if he repeats that phrase enough times that it will actually sink in.

~~~

George is still a bit put out by the time they return home, which Matty doesn't seem to notice, but when he wakes up with his face stuffed into one of the cushions of the couch he collapsed on as soon as he made it inside to find Matty leaning against his hip with a spiff balanced in between his fingers, George's earlier frustrations evaporate faster than the smoke that's dancing around Matty's head.

"Hey sleepyhead," Matty chuckles, passing the joint to George without him having to ask. George takes a deep pull, sighing happily as Matty scoots closer to him.

"What time is it?" George mumbles groggily, trying to see the clock over Matty's tattooed shoulder, but since he isn't willing to sit up just yet, he can't quite make it out.

"A little after four," Matty answers, snagging the spiff back from George so he can take another drag. "Ross stopped by earlier, but I didn't want to wake you."

"Oh," George murmurs, "everything good?"

"Course, he's just checking up on us I guess, making sure we've at least starting packing," Matty shrugs, kicking his feet up on the coffee table as he continues to use George as a makeshift pillow.

"I'm practically done, just got to remember to gather the chargers and toothbrush and all that."

"I'm going to do another sweep of your flat," Matty announces, waving his hands around in a way that catches George's attention more than it should, "can't find that pair of black boots, you haven't seen them have you?"

George shakes his head no, knowing exactly which ones Matty means without any more elaboration, moving over slightly when Matty gets up, abandoning the spiff with George as he begins wandering around, eventually disappearing into the bedroom, leaving George by himself for a bit.

George isn't sure if it's a result from Matty's antics earlier, or maybe just from the weed, but his stomach's churning and his cock's swelling in his trousers as he watches Matty amble about.

It's been a bit since they've done anything, but George refuses to bring it up. He considers heading into the bathroom so he can have a quick wank, but he's not done with his joint, so he stays put in favor of finishing it off.

Matty returns after what was probably minutes but seems like years to George with a bowl of cereal and no boots, a pout pulling at his lips as he begins sucking on the spoon idly, the innocent motion riling George up even further than he already is when he imagines his cock in the place of the utensil.

George shakes his head roughly, squirming in his seat to try and alleviate some of the tension in his muscles. The air in the room suddenly seeming much thicker than it was only a moment ago, especially when Matty brushes against him while leaning over to grab the remote, flipping the television on to some movie that George hasn't seen before.

George grasps the edges of his light top, pulling it over his head quickly in the hopes of cooling down his overheated skin. It helps a bit, but not nearly enough, and George is about to make his way somewhere more private so he can rub one out when Matty speaks up.

"What are you doing?" Matty asks, and George has to suppress a grin when he catches the slight whine Matty's trying so hard to hide.

"It's hot in here," George shrugs, balling up his discarded jumper and tossing it over the back of the couch, making a bit more of a show of it than he usually would just to get a reaction out of Matty.

"You're ridiculous," Matty snorts, which isn't what George is hoping to hear, but Matty's lopsided grin has him smiling anyway. "It's fucking chilly."

"Only to you love. I swear your blood is made of ice," George retorts fondly, but sometimes he wonders if it's true. Matty is always cold unless he's on stage or in direct sunlight, so his hypothesis isn't too ridiculous, at least that's how his stoned mind decides to interpret it.

"Maybe it is," Matty chuckles softly, running his hands over the rips in his jeans slowly. "Can't help it that I'm so thin though."

"It's the height," George snorts, amusing himself with what he's about to say next. "Heat rises and all that, explains everything really."

"Bloody hell," Matty scoffs, rolling his eyes at George before returning his attention to the movie that's still playing in the background. "You're an idiot - you know that right?"

"More like genius."

"Whatever helps you sleep at night," Matty sighs, stretching his legs out so they are resting in George's lap, keeping George pinned in place while also derailing his planned escape completely.

They don't fool around that night, but Matty does end up snuggled against George's side by the time the movie ends, which George enjoys almost as much.

I love reading back over this it's making me a soft melty mess.

I hope you guys are enjoying this too.

Love you xx

- starr