11: Crawling Out

George suppresses a smirk when Matty emerges into the kitchen five minutes later, his curls in disarray and a lopsided smile plastered across his face. George busies himself with the food he cooked earlier, pretending to stir it a few more times even though it really doesn't need it.

George isn't sure how Matty is going to react to what had just occurred between the two of them, so he's waiting for the other man to speak before he jumps to incorrect assumptions - hell, he can still hardly believe it had happened at all.

George hadn't meant for things to go so far, but Matty had pushed him to the point where he had lost himself completely. He refused to sit there and allow Matty to make snide comments about him without fighting back this time, which is exactly what he did, shutting Matty up with his mouth and his hands until the older man had been left shaking and overwhelmed underneath George's body.

George was still slightly afraid that he had fucked up though. He had sworn to take things slower, to allow Matty to set the pace, but there was something inside of him that just couldn't do that once he had Matty lips against his. He wanted to be in control for once, to have Matty needing him instead of the other way around, and no matter what his intentions had been, they had flown out the window as soon as Matty had begged for more.

George had been prepared to deal with another withdrawal like last night, or for Matty to want to have a talk about it, or anything in-between. Matty is unpredictable, even to George who knows him better than most, so he braces himself for whatever is coming next as Matty makes his way further into the open area.

The bands of tension that had latched around George's chest as soon as he left Matty in the living room melt away when Matty brushes against his side gently, snatching the plate George has already prepared for him before flopping into a nearby chair with a satisfied groan.

So Matty isn't going to make a big deal of it this time - George can work with that. He's a bit surprised, but he can tell by Matty's expression that he's happy - sated even, and although George is a bit curious about what Matty's thinking right now, he's not going to bring it up first.

"This's good," Matty mumbles around a mouthful of pasta, immediately taking another bite as soon as the words have left his mouth.

"Thanks, thought you might be hungry after last night," George responds, a small blossom of warmth unfurling in his gut that is caused by Matty's praise.

Conversation is lacking after that, mostly because they are too busy concentrating on the meal to speak. Neither of them have eaten since yesterday before Grimmy's party, and although Matty sometimes goes for longer periods without sustenance - which George highly disapproves of - George's body had begun protesting its empty state as soon as he had woken up.

George can't help but stare at Matty as he plays with his food lazily, his mouth pulling into a grin every time he catches Matty sneaking glances at him, his expression glazed over and a droopy smile on his face that George loves knowing that he caused.

"So..." Matty speaks up hesitantly once his plate is clean, toying with his fork nervously as he gathers himself. "We're good right?" Matty spits out quickly. George has to swallow his sigh of relief once the words leave his best friend's lips.

"Of course," George nods instantly, "you want to keep going?" he can't help but ask, needing to understand where Matty's head is at, even if he's afraid to hear the answer.

"Yeah - I do," Matty responds as he stands up suddenly.

George watches him from the corner of his eye while he takes his utensils to the sink, rinsing them quickly before making his way out of the kitchen without another word, succinctly ending their conversation which had barely started, but George is fine with that.