Derek let out a laugh, much to my surprise.

"Can't wait time see what Karmen's going to say about that..." he mumbled under his breath.

In no time, we made it to the presentation room. I spotted Jackson and took a seat next to him, ditching Derek.

"Hey." He said once he saw me.

"Hey, I don't even think I'm suppose to be here right now." I said while looking around to see if I could spot Alex.

"Why do you say that?" He asked.

And before I could even respond, there stood my father.

"That's why." I said, with a sigh.

"Hello, I'm Dr.Kline, but I'm sure you all already knew that." He joked.

Jackson turned to me with a smirk, "I see where you get your charm from." He said.

I did nothing but give a slight laugh.

"I came for 2 reasons. One of them being my daughter has been avoiding my calls and I come to find out she's now an attending and has finished her residency earlier than expected. The second reason, being this," he picked up the tiny remote, which turned on the huge screen.

"Whoa." Jackson and I said.

"This, is a tumor. And not just any tumor, an inoperable tumor. One my daughter would've gotten to take care of, but since she's avoiding me, it's fair game." He said while smiling to the crowd.

I slid in my chair and crossed me arms. Pouting, like a child.

"Life will out," my father spoke.

"The origins and lessons of life and evolution are long and complex, but what they basically boil down to is, life will out. It will always find a way to continue, always."

I looked around, everyone was practically hanging on to his every word, even Derek.

I rolled my eyes before raising my hand.

My father immediately turned to me.

"Well, she does speak," He said, causing everyone to chuckle.

"Come up here, daughter." He says firmly.

"Nope. I'm good right here, I just had a comment on the tumor, have you tried-" he cut me off.

"Come here, Karminia." He said.

Annoyed, I get out of my seat. All eyes on me.

Not that I minded, my ass was great.

"What's the plan?" He asked me through the mic.

I looked back at the screen before looking back at him.

"You said this is an inoperable tumor, correct?" I asked for clarification.

He shook his head.

Flipping my hair back, I snatch the mic from him.