CHAPTER EIGHT

Matthew

This really isn't adding up. I'm definitely sneaking out of this place that I used to call my school. Not that I haven't already sneaked our before.

I know all the ways to leave and I'll even help Danny leave also, as long as he doesn't bring his obnoxious girlfriend.

"I'm about to pass out a paper, first one to fill it out wins, basically you get to leave and go home. Start you papers now" the guard said as he sat down at the desk that clearly doesn't belong to him.

All three questions were really easy so I breezed through the test. I filled out my paper really quickly but I guess not quickly enough cause just as I was about to get up and turn in my paper Kate ran to the guard and handed in hers.

How is this even fair? I took my test really quick and I still wasn't first. Yet the most annoying girl in this school was?

I leaned back in my seat and decided to take a nap until this dumb class or whatever was over. After about 20 minutes of sleeping I was woken up to the sound of crying from the desk next to me.

"Why can't I just go home?" a girl who looked about 11 or 12 cried.

This place is sick. It's not even my school anymore. It's nothing like the place I left just last may.

"Head to the auditorium everyone" the guard said as he walked over and opened the door.

I ran out the door and all the way outside the back door to the school. Just then a sharp pain hit my right leg and I fell to the ground.

I just got tased...

"Get up and go inside now!" the guard yelled and kicked me.

I tried to get up and my leg hurt too bad. I looked at them with anger on face when all of a sudden they tased me. My left leg now hurt even worse than my right as pain shot through it.

"Go!" the guard screamed as I crawled away.

Once I made it inside I sat in the corner for as long as I could until my legs felt better enough for me to limp to the auditorium.

Eventually I was able to get up and go to the auditorium but I still could hardly walk without leaning on the walls.

The auditorium was crowded, loud, and definitely not my kind of place. Younger kids ran around playing and there wasn't a teen in sight.

The teens must have been moved somewhere else. I really hated being here and I decided if I was going to sneak out I'd have to do it now.

I couldn't go out the front door because obviously that place is too secured, same with the back door.

What about through the basement. That leads to the sewers. I could go through those and find someway out.

I shrugged the thought off. I'd probably get lost anyway this is New York after all. I'm deadly scared of rats and I see enough in my school, I can't imagine how many would be in the sewers.

"Aren't you too old to be in here?" a guard asked after about an hour of me sitting here.

How did they just now notice I'm way too old to be here. This place must not have as high security as they make it seem.

"Sorry, I was looking for the restroom" I replied looking away.

My eyes usually give away when I'm lying, I can't risk getting caught. I needed to get out of here and fast.

"Well it's not in here" the guard said pushing me out the door.

I walked away and then once I got to a distance where no one could see me I ran down the stairs. Once I got to the basement I went to the left side exit a group of seniors had told me about freshman year and got outside.

The big tall gate wouldn't let me get off school grounds so the only way out is the sewers. I hesitantly got inside the sewers and began my journey to I have no idea where.