Corinthian 24

Let me start off by saying that I didn't hate The Riley's, they were family so there was some love there; my issue stemmed from their actions and the drama they tended to bring with them. Not to mention they all had smart ass mouths and the way my family was set up we didn't tolerate niggas talking shyt; they (especially Raji and Rakim) had a habit of causing chaos and after everything we've been I just wanted this summer to be chill as fuck but I could already foresee that not happening. They were in the car behind us, as Noah drove to the other house... the house they'd be staying in for the entire summer, Noah mumbled to himself quietly, Troix pouted, Ja'Kari was on ten, and Marquise was scheming something given how frequently his phone went off. I knew I was going to be stuck with Raji and his boy Marlon or whatever his name is for most of the summer; I wonder if Saint would let us go to Saint Trinity Island for the summer I thought to myself. We pulled up to the house and Noah was the first to get out, he walked over to Rakim and even from the car I could tell Noah was getting pissed and if they started fighting I wanted to be there to make sure I had my big brother's back.

".... nigga why are you so damn pressed about it? Look, Rakim, we're not about to start this aight? What goes on in my household is between me and my wife as far as our son is concerned... don't worry about it, all you need to know is he's mine. I'm his dad; point, blank, period... so here, take the keys and enjoy your stay." Noah said handing Rakim the keys and I noticed Raji getting out the car with his boy Marlon.

"You got it, little cousin, I'm not going to ask you about him anymore... so are y'all going to show us around or do we gotta figure everything out on our own?" Rakim ask and Noah looked at me, I just knew he was going to tell me to give them a tour even though they've been here a bunch of times.

"Cor' you mind getting the boys out the car? Dad just text me and told me to stay away until he calls and since I gotta go back and get Jade and Khaliah, we might as well stay here." Noah said and I tried to think my way out of it but I was drawing a blank. Noah led them into the house and I got Ja'Kari and Nasir out the car with no problem, Troix, on the other hand, decided he wanted to sit out here.

"Troix come on man, it's too damn hot for you to be sitting in the car." I said and Troix looked at me like he was ready to take that risk. "Aight, I'll just let Rakim play with your toys." I said pretended to close the door and as I expected Troix wanted to come with us. We got in the house and I smiled, I hadn't been here in a while but whenever we came here as a family it was always a good time.

"Where are the remotes?" Raji said jumping on the couch and kicking his feet up, I swear he was doing that shyt to get on my nerves but I was going to zen myself out.... I didn't want to start the summer off beating this niggas ass.

"Those tv's are mainly for decoration, we rarely come here and when we do it's spent as a family... I'll call my dad and see where they are." I said watching my nephews run around with Rakim as if they weren't just fighting. "Uhh aren't you going to go pick out your room?" I asked because I could hear Ry'kell moving from room to room mostly likely picking out the second biggest one.

"Nah... I've already decided that I'm going to camp out in the basement with my boy Marlon. Y'alls basement is bigger than our entire house so we won't be disturbed while we're smoking." Raji said shrugging. "Speaking of smoking, please tell me you know where to get some weed because after being stuck with Ry'Kell's annoying ass and having to listen to Rakim and Timika argue... I need something to calm my nerves." Raji said.

"I'll hit up Trinity.... he most likely knows where to get some at." I said as I stood there awkwardly.

"So.... what's it like? Being a dad?" Raji asked and I shrugged. "Rakim says it's coo but he says that about everything, I'm only asking because I get A LOT of pussy and I know eventually I'll slip up and I just wanna be prepared."