Chapter 6: Meeting The Family

Começar do início

I dont know how long I sat there in tears. I didn't want to move, I didnt want to even breathe. I felt like I was back on earth again, just...hollow. Eventually i heard footsteps on what sounded like a wooden floor, they continued until it sounded like they stopped right in front of me. I was confused and a little scared of what I'd find, but I looked up anyways and I saw her bright figure there, kneeling down in front of me.

I slowly uncurled myself as I looked at her, and managed to wipe my tears away. I dont know what I was expecting exactly, but I know it caught me off guard when she put her hands on my shoulders, and pulled me into a warm hug. I just sat there in shock for a few moments. Before I eventually caved in, returning the hug as I started to lightly sob again. Just something about her in that moment, i felt like i could tell her anything, anything and everything. We sat there for what felt like an eternity before my tears finally ran dry. We slowly released the hug as she looked right into my eyes before standing up. When she did, she offered he a hand up, and I gladly took it, rising up to my feet with a smile. She turned around and started walking down the path that had now returned, stopping a few steps ahead, and half turning back to me, gesturing with a hand for me to follow. I couldnt help but smile wider as I walked up next to her, and we continued down the path. After a short bit of walking, my vision started to fill with light and I took one last, long, deep breath before my vision went white, and I woke up.

-

-

-

I slowly opened my eyes as I heard what sounded like distant yelling, the voice sounded familiar to me though.

Y/n: "...Ruby?..." I managed to get out as I opened my eyes completely and slowly sat up. When I sat up and leaned against the headboard of the bed I was in, I looked around and noticed through my blurred vision that I was back in Ruby's room, laid in her bed. I looked to my right a bit and was greeted with a blurred image of someone with VERY familiar, short, black hair with a long bang and ended in red tips. I brought my hands up and rubbed the blurriness out of my eyes. When I looked again I could clearly see Ruby sitting on the side of the bed looking at me in concern, with a hint of anger and annoyance.

Ruby: "Finally your up! Do you have any idea how worried I wa-!" She didnt get to finish her sentence as I quickly wrapped her in a tight hug. I hadn't even noticed I was shaking slightly with tears threatening to fall onto my face. God I'm such a crybaby lately... "Woah! Uhm. Ok?" She said, clearly thrown off guard by my sudden embrace, she did return it though as she patted the back of my head which had come to rest on her shoulder. I think I was trying just to reassure myself that she was really here. I had told her before how I felt back on earth and I guess she caught on to what must be happening as she slowly stroked the back of my hair in an attempt to comfort me. "Hey, hey, your fine okay? I'm still here, your still here, I'm not gonna leave you okay?" She soothed as she tightened the embrace slightly as I managed to stop myself from shaking and quel the tears threatening to fall from my eyes.

Y/n: "S-sorry..." I stuttered out as I started to release my hold on her. "...I-I j-just-" I tried to justify myself but she then cut me off as she moved a hand to my shoulder and placed one on my cheek, looking right in my eyes as she spoke.

Ruby: "Hey, it's okay" she reassured me. "I'm not gonna leave, I wouldn't dream of doing that to you, your to kind."

I let put a shaky breath that I didnt realise I was holding as I closed my eyes for a moment, taking deep breaths to calm myself down. I didnt even realise that I had gripped onto the hand she placed on my cheek. After a few breaths I opened my eyes again, feeling much better as i made eye contact with her.

Ruby: "Better?" She asked me. I just then took notice of the slight blush that had made it's way onto her face. I gave her a nod yes as I continued to look at her, still holding onto the hand on my face. I felt like i could sit there for eternity in that moment, without a care in the world. Unfortunately though, god had other plans i guess. Or should i start saying Oum now?.