94. Confliction, Love

1015 Words excluding (A/N)~ I no own MK/DC~

☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡
~Yay 27k Views~
☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡☆彡★彡

Written January 18 2020
Posted February 8 2020

4 more chapters....

The next two weeks weren't really all that eventful in comparison to before. Kaito had switched from being holed up in his room in the bunker to being holed up in his house. Going outside was way too much stimulation for the poor magician, making him jumpy and on edge whenever he did leave his house.

The revelation had been very disheartening to Saguru, but the blond had stuck by the magician's side, helping him to set things up with the school. Due to extenuating circumstances, the school had allowed Kaito to stay home, only needing to go to class when there was a test. Both Saguru and Aoko would help deliver his assignments so that the magician would move into the next grade with his peers. Saguru suspected that the school was being extra cooperative so that it didn't have to deal with Kaito's antics, Kaito had giggled when the blond had shared his thoughts.

Besides the magician's obvious reluctance to head outdoors, Kaito had improved a bit in regards to unconsciously harming himself. He no longer needed to wear the gloves all the time since Kaito now only did it when he was feeling distressed. Saguru living with him had been a great help, especially since Kaito had told his mother that he hadn't wanted her to stay. He was used to her absence, so having her present was more stressful than beneficial to his health.

A small smile tugged at the magician's lips at the thought of how good the people around him were being towards him. Normally Aoko would have tried to drag him out of his house, but his childhood friend hadn't even attempted to do so. She just smiled at him warmly as she talked about her day, often mentioning both Akako and Ran. Though she did occasionally give him a weird look, as if she were trying to see something besides himself.

'Saguru did tell me that Aoko has been asking both him and her father about Kid... Has she started to suspect me?'

That thought was a little worrying, his wings shivered as he rolled from his side onto his stomach. He was in his bed, which had become his new norm. He twirled a feather he'd previously shed between his fingers as he thought about Aoko, despite how much he'd teased her, he knew that she wasn't an idiot. He let out a small breath, releasing the feather as he did so, watching it float through the air. It was so boring being all alone while Saguru was in school. If only everything wasn't so loud outside compared to indoors. Kaito reached over to snatch his headphones, slipping them over his head and putting on a random song. They were helping him to get better with louder noises.

*

Saguru let out a small breath when he arrived at the Kuroba residence, hands tightening as he looked down at the schoolwork he was holding. It hurt to see Kaito hole himself up how he was, but at the same time it hurt worse whenever Kaito was forced to go outside. Deep down he knew that he shouldn't be reinforcing the other's behaviour, he knew that it would only get worse as time went on if he let it. But he just couldn't bring himself to drag the magician out of the safety net that'd been crafted.

'Am I failing as a partner?'

Yes he was protecting Kaito, but he wasn't really giving him the push that he needed in order to get better. He let himself into the house, removing his shoes before heading towards Kaito's room. The magician was almost always curled up in bed these days "Saguru!" Confliction warred within Saguru at Kaito's bright greeting. The magician was sitting up on the bed, a fluffy blanket draped over his head but not covering his face as he gave Saguru a warm but wide smile. Indigos were gleaming. Kaito looked content.

"Have a nice day?" Saguru inquired, gaze softening as he made his way over to sit beside Kaito, giving him a quick hug. This was why he couldn't bring himself to force Kaito to go outside, the magician seemed so happy like this.

'I'm too soft on him... Maybe I could ask Kudo-kun for advice?'

Kaito's wings gave a flutter, shaking the blanket off of him "I did my schoolwork and listened to music" Other than that he'd done nothing, again.

Pleased, the blond gave Kaito a quick peck on the cheek. He was glad that the other was heeding his suggestion of listening to music "Well I've brought you another load of work" His words earned an annoyed groan from the other.

"I'm sick of schoolwork" He whined, leaning against Saguru, a childish pout on his lips.

'Maybe since he's bored...'

The blond was silent for a few moments before replying "Maybe we could head outside tonight?" There wouldn't be as many people at night, nor would it be as loud since most people would be sleeping.

Kaito's wings trembled as he bit his lip nervously "I'm not sure..." He'd been indoors for so long that it felt odd to go outside, he knew that he was being wimpy, but knowing didn't fix problems.

Gold softened as Saguru gently pet the edges of Kaito's feathers, they were sleeker since the rescue, but not as sleek as they were before the kidnapping. A bird's feathers were a good indicator of it's health, the same probably applied to Kaito "It would mean a lot to me" He admitted, lowering his head "It hurts  to see you like this" Scared of leaving the house, wasting away his life in his room. Kaito was happy, healthy, and alive, but he wasn't really living.

'He can't keep hiding away like this'

The tang of blood filled Kaito's mouth, notifying him that he'd bit through his lip again. He didn't want to go outside, it was nice here. He let out a breath, resting his head against the other's shoulder, he was being selfish again wasn't he? "Okay, we can go out tonight" He'd try for Saguru, since the other had been going above and beyond for him.

Me: Being outside would of course be hard for Kaito since he'd been locked up for so long then allowed to hide away.

Hope you enjoyed~

•3• calendars make for unique wrapping paper once their initial use is gone....