29. Mistaken Identity

1021 Words excluding (A/N)~ I don't own Magic Kaito~ I really do hope you enjoy~

!!!!!!!
If you are reading this outside of WATTPAD,
FanFiction.Net.net or Archive of Our Own... You are reading plagiarized content. If you are reading on Truyenfun.com, that site is a mirror site of WATTPAD and may give you viruses and MALWARE
(I hope you get malware Truyenfun.com readers it doesn't have my permission to post all of my works)

Note: WATTPAD has most up to date version of this story
!!!!!!!!

"I saw a boy with wings"

"You're not mistaken?"

"I'm not, I don't know his name, and it was mostly dark. But I know he had wings"

"Standby and wait for instructions"

*

"I take it you're planning to go and fetch your items later today?" The blond inquired, Kaito shook his head.

"Nah, I'll go now to get it over and done with, I'll be back in a few hours" With that, the magician disappeared into a cloud of pink smoke. Saguru coughed a few times before the smoke cleared out.

'I did not miss the smoke filled exits...'

He shook his head tiredly and went to tent to Watson.

*

"Hey that's the boy!" Shadow#1 hissed, eyes glancing at the blue eyed brunette walking down the streets.

Shadow#2 squinted at the teen, he looked just like the description said. "Let's nab him, there's no way that he's the wrong guy"

Shadow#1 gave a dark grin. "Yeah, the odds of our angel having a twin in the same city is very unlikely"

*

Shinichi sighed as he walked down the street, he'd been kicked out of his own house by Ai. The mini scientist had smacked him with a pen, and told him to stop moping, before kicking him out. It wasn't his fault for being depressed, he missed being Conan. At least as Conan he had a bunch of friends, now all he had was Heiji, two mad scientists, police officers, and a very pissed off Ran.

'Couldn't Haibara have at least let me grab a book before kicking me out?'

The sleuth paused in his steps and scowled, years of living in paranoia as Conan had honed his senses. He was being watched. The gazes didn't feel malicious per say, however they also didn't feel friendly. He resumed his walking, this time at a much swifter pace. With his luck, Shinichi didn't want to take any chances.After walking a few blocks, his tails still hadn't left him.

'They're insistent, I know Megure would send help if I called him. But what if I'm just being paranoid and it's just some of my creepy stalker fans?'

As he turned into a side ally, he stumbled into someone. "Oh I'm sorr—" Shinichi's Words were cut off when he felt a pinprick on his neck. "Wha?" Strong arms caught the teen as he slumped to the ground.

"The tranquilizer worked well" Shadow#3 stayed with a grin as he hoisted the unconscious detective onto his back.

"Of course it did, we must not harm the sacrifice" Shadow#1 replied as they stepped out of the shadows.

*

"Hmm... What else should I bring?" Kaito mused as he rummaged through his prank materials, one never knew when they would suddenly need pink dye. Tsuki nestled comfortably in his hair as he pocketed smoke bombs, glitter, dyes of various colours, duck tape, plus other secret items onto his person. He felt uneasy whenever he wasn't armed.

'I probably shouldn't dye Saguru right away, eventually yes, but I want to make him more at ease when around me'

With a content hum, he slipped out of his window and headed back towards Saguru's house. He'd taken the train, insisting to Baaya that it'd be nice to get some fresh air. Today was a good day.

*

"You idiots! That's Kudo Shinichi! A detective!" Boss Shadow hissed as he pointed towards the unconscious teen. They'd restrained him onto the ground, body spread out into a star, a metal collar pinning him to the ground. A metal band was also around Shinichi's waist, each leg at the thighs and ankles, his forearms and wrists, and tiny bands around each finger. Every band had been bolted to the ground for complete immobilization.

Shadow#1 grimaced as he looked at the detective. "But he looks exactly the same as the winged boy!"

Shadow#4 paused and took in the boy's face. "True... The fact that our angel has a twin in the city must be no coincidence" A delighted gleam flicked in his eyes. "The two must be twins of fate, Kudo may not have awakened his holy form yet, but he is still of holy flesh, we shall burn thy ashes together and consume them, only the will we ascent to the heavens!" He announced.

*

Indigos flashed curiously when Kimi, one of his doves, fluttered over towards him as he waited for the bus, he'd sent out his flock to scout for trouble. He often did so because detectives were highly prone to danger and he thought it only proper to make sure they stay healthy. This dove in particular had been sent to monitor the Meitantei.

"Please don't tell me he got into trouble again?!" Kaito groaned as he stepped away from the bus stop and let Kimi land on his shoulder. The magician removed the spy cam and reviewed the footage, facepalming when he saw Shinichi get captured. He continued watching until the brunette was brought into a building.

'Even after regaining his body, he still gets in trouble just as often as he did when he was Conan...'

Kaito pulled out his phone and sent Saguru a text telling him that he had to do something and would be back later than expected.

'Now to head to where he was taken'

The brunette snickered as he thought about how Japan's police force would be much more competent if they had spy doves. He instantly magicked himself into dark sweatpants, navy blue turtleneck, and a brown baseball cap. All black would be too suspicious while out in broad daylight, neutral or plain colours would catch less attention.

*

The blond paused in drinking his earl grey tea to read the text, he wondered what the magician could possibly doing. Golden eyes suddenly narrowed.

'I never gave him my number...'

It was expected, but it still irked the blond. He let out a sigh and resumed drinking his tea as he read 'A Study in Scarlet'. The magician was weird and unpredictable, it was best not to question everything when it concerned him. It saved one from many headaches.

Me: At first Kaito was going to be captured, but I figured he deserved a little break~ plus Shinichi gets introduced to the plot sooner~

but he's not going to be a MAIN character I think...

I really like Shinichi and Kaito dynamics~ but this is a Hakukai book~

I loves Shinkai/Kaishin the most, but Shinichi/Conan has so many friends to factor in that I'm not ready to fully deal with.

I've only recently restarted writing~ (its June 12 as I write this chapter)