energy

Your POV

Last night, you hadn't been able to sleep. You eventually got up from bed and just started doing random workouts next to your bed, knowing that if Henry really was a bad guy, he would be able to hurt you.

You'd maybe gotten about a half hour to forty-five minutes of sleep. And your body was currently sore, because you'd worked out pretty much all night. Not the smartest decision, but it was a distraction from the thoughts running through your mind.

The sunlight had crept in through your window, waking you up, and causing you to crawl out of bed. You'd showered and put on some fresh clothes you found in the drawers.

You were just wearing some black pants with a long sleeve navy blue top that clung to your skin. The pants had pockets in them, so that you could easily slide a gun in. You guessed these were the clothes that Henry's employees wore out on their missions. Your hair was a mess so you just tied it up in a ponytail.

You walked down the stairs and felt everyone's eyes on you. You had no clue why they were so scared of you, but you would find out soon.

After a little bit of searching, you found a kitchen. You made yourself some coffee and then sat down at a table, drinking it.

After you were done, you could practically feel the energy coursing through your body. You didn't need to drink coffee very often, as you didn't really have it in District 9, so when you did, it had significant effects on your body.

You rinsed your mug and then walked around the mansion, trying to get to know the place better.

There were four floors. The bottom was the basement.

In the basement was a room that held all the weapons that Henry and his team would need. It was mostly just guns, but you could see knives hung around the room too. It was crazy seeing this type of technology, because the only thing you'd ever had in District 9 were small pistols.

There was also a garage that held three vans, like the one Henry had picked you up in last night. They had weapons but you guessed they didn't have that much of a need for cars.

Finally, a small workout space sat in the corner. A couple of Henry's employees occupied it right now.

The second floor was the main floor that consisted mostly of lounging spaces and kitchens. You counted three kitchens and three living rooms in all. Henry's work force was pretty huge and they needed this space.

The last room on the main floor was just a small meeting room. There was a whiteboard against the wall, with one long table. Multiple black chairs were pushed in neatly underneath the table.

The third and fourth floor were just bedrooms. Everyone in Henry's work force needed their own room and like you said before, his work force was pretty huge.

You made your way back down to the basement, which was by far the most interesting part of the house.

The clothes, shoes, and gloves Henry, Diego, and Ethan had been wearing the night before were neatly tucked in the corner and you made your way over to them.

You lifted them up, inspecting them. You knew the Elders helped Henry, but they were the only people that were with him as far as you knew. District 9 didn't have this type of technology, so where did he get all the stuff?

"You like those?" you heard a deep voice boom behind you.

You put them down and stood up making eye contact with Henry. He was just wearing his pajamas, which were plaid green pants with a long sleeve grey shirt. He had a mug of steaming coffee in one hand and you could see the bags underneath his eyes as well.