Talking

Adeline

We got inside and ate before Elijah looked at me. "Where's Hayley?" I sighed. "I sent her back to Mystic Falls. I needed something done there and she was the only one to do it" I said before going up to the room we were staying in. I showered before changing and braiding my hair. I sat on the bed and sighed looking at the wall. "So. Stefan told me to come looking for you after breakfast" I heard Ric say. I smiled. "Take a walk with me?" He nodded and we walked outside down the trail that was in the backyard.

"You don't wanna marry Klaus?" He asked when I hadn't said anything. I sighed. "I do. It's just- I don't know anymore dad. I don't know why he waited. He promised me 3 years ago he would marry me. Then last year he gets drunk and proposes. And now he did again. He waited a year to ask. I feel like he thinks he has to. And he doesn't. Obviously. There is no rush. We have forever and he doesn't trust that" I said sighing. "Do you still love him?" Ric asked. I nodded instantly. "Of course I do" I said. Ric stopped walking and I turned around to face him.

"Are you still in love with him?" He asked. I looked down and sighed before looking back up with tears in my eyes. "I don't know" I whispered honestly. "I want to still be. But we haven't been apart for 3 years. It just feels boring and rushed now. When we first started it was adventures and sneaking out late and skipping school. And it's not that anymore. It's going to bed at 9 and talks about what to get at the grocery store. It's not exciting anymore" i sighed feeling so guilty. "I really love him. I don't want to lose him. But this trip was supposed to be me and Kol. A break. And now we don't get it. And I love him with all my heart. But I need a break. Just like Hayley needed from Elijah" Ric nodded as we sat on the bench that was halfway back through the trail. "Tell him. He will understand. But tell him" he said after a minute. I nodded.

"Hey" he whispered. I looked up tears in my eyes. "I love you" I smiled. "I love you to dad. So much" I said laying my head on his shoulder.

_____________________

Me and Ric sat here for another hour talking things through and figuring it out. I started hearing Nik yelling my name walking down the path and sighed. "I'll leave you alone" Ric said before sneaking around so it looked like I was alone. Nik found me and sighed. "Why are you alone?" I looked down. "Needed to think" I whispered.

When I looked back up at him he looked sad. This is gonna be harder than I thought...

I'm so sorry Nik...