1- I Will Live

"Alexia Tide , I have been home for a full 3 hours and you only visit me now. I thought you were my bestie." My best friend Jake is yelling at me. Ugh, I love him and all but he left me for a week and he can't live, god what will I do with him.

"J, you know I love you but you left me remember."

"Awwwwwwww. But A, I bought you a present." And with that he leads me out to the beach. I wonder what he got me. On his private beach was a blanket.

"A, my bestest girl would you do the honors of lifting up this blanket and then hugging me upon seeing my gift."

So I lifted the blanket to reveal a brand new fishtail surfboard, blue, green and white. The best gift ever. I run up to Jake and hug him with all my strength. "Only the best for my girl." He says in his deep cocky voice.

Yes we act like a couple, but Jake has been there for me through it all. We are inseparable, its not funny how many times we have been mistaken for a couple.

Walking in the back door at 6 a.m. after not coming home last night is probably not the best idea with parents like mine. After seeing my new surfboard I had to test it out and thats what we did, we surfed until dark and then I crashed at Jake's place, which I do often. After waking up at 4 I went for my usual morning run, extending it all the way home. So here I am getting yelled at by my mum.

" Alexis you can't stay out all night surfing and turn up here at 6 a.m in the fucking morning. You woke me up."

"Ugh mum , I usually get home from my run now anyway. It's not like we actually have family dinners or bonding time. It's you telling me how im not good enough for you." I'm calm I never satisfy her with my anger.

" You will not speak to me that way. Or I will take your  privileges." Is she seriously trying this on me. What privileges?

"I will live." And with that I leave her so I can pack another bag for Jakes. I pack fresh underwear a couple of pairs of denim shorts, makeup, a bra and a few pairs of socks. I already have a draw full of clothes in his room and if we don't go into town I just wear his t-shirts around . I love Jake's mum as if she were mine, well she is better than mine . I practically live at his house and she just treats me as a daughter.

................

I just walk into Jake's house, I have my own key but I never bother knockin.

"Oh Alexis my girl, I see the lovely lady you get to call your mother was in a good mood." She points at my duffel bag, whilst giving me a bear hug.

" She's charming as always, But what can I do J ma?" I say using my old nickname for her.

" You know you're always welcome baby girl . Jake's in the shower but head up.

Once in his room I change into my orange bikini and just lay on his bed reading my new tracks magazine. The en- suite doot opens and looking up I saw my very attractive bestfriend standing there with just a towel slung around his tan hips, and those amazing abs, his blond hair dripping and those bright blue eyes. ahh shit im checking Jake out, thats a no . looking up I see he is checking out my bikini clad body too which makes me blush even more. I can't handle this. He jumps onto the bed next to me, still in just a towel he wraps his arm around my waist and we read the magazine together.