Entry 20

━━
Maybe in another life,
Everything worked out alright.
~I'll Still Have Me, Cyn
━━

"Two years back, when you left for your university, I was diagnosed with it. Spent one year, somehow got it cured but this year I started showing the symptoms again, turns out it was never cured properly in the first place and here we are now." She explained with a sad chuckle at the end.

Humour eases the pain a little, he once said.

"How long do I have you?" He asked solemnly, quietly, afraid to let her go.

"The doctor said maybe a month or two." She replied. Guilt in her eyes and anguish in her voice, she knew she would regret it, she knew that would happen.

"Jina, look at me." Taeyong said softly and took her warm hands in his cold ones, "Can we please continue living in this lie you created for us?"

Jina sighed as her tired eyes met Taeyong's, gave his hands a light squeeze.

"You can kiss my wounds but not forever."

To Taeyong,

We were at that bench in the park, the one where I gathered my guts to talk to you, the one where you asked me to be your girlfriend, the one where we shared our first kiss.

That bench has always been our happy place, the place where good things happened.

Now it has also become the place where I realised I have to let you go now.

For you to be happy.

-Jina