Chapter 9 // feelings

Me and Matt walked home.

He was holding my hand. It didnt bother me, we did it all the time.

When we got home I put on a movie.

"I missed you." Matt said

"I missed you to Matt." I said still looking at the screen.

"No Theresa, look at me." He put his hand on my cheek.

"Theresa, I REALLY missed you. I couldn't stop thinking about you. When I wake up, when I go to sleep." Matt said putting a strand of hair behind my ear.

I blushed and looked down.

"Hey, stop, you look cute when you blush." Matt said and started to lean closer.

Our lips were about to touch. I could feel his hot breath against my lips. His lips barley touching mine.

My phone rang. We both pulled back, feeling awkward about what was about to happen.

"Are you gonna answer that?" Matt pointed to my phone.

I nodded.

It was jack.

"Hello."

"Hey, are you going to Nate's party?"

"No wasn't invited. But matts going."

"Matts here?!"

"Yeah."

"Ok tell him I said hi. You should still go. Tell them I invited you."

"Ok."

"Have to go Bye Theresa." He hung up.

Matt was sitting there on his phone.

"I thought you guys were gonna do the 'no you hang up' shit." Matt said laughing at his own joke.

"Has anything happened since you moved here?" He said putting his phone down and sitting up to face me.

yes.

"No."

"Theresa I know your lying to me."

"Johnson hates me."

"Why?" He was always so concerned and focused when I'm having problems.

"I don't know. First day of school he shoved me into a locker, kept doing it everyday after that."

"Let me see your wrists." Matt held out his hand.

I didn't want to show him.

"Theresa."

He took my arm and lifted my sleeves. There were scars and new ones. He kissed each one.

"When was the last time?"

"Last week." I pulled my sleeves back down.

"Can you stop hurting yourself?" His eyes were starting to water.

"For me? I hate knowing that someone I love is harming themselves. And I'm not always there to stop it." He got up and wrapped his arms around me.

"Will you?" I heard him sniffle.

"Yeah. For you." I looked at him.

"Theresa?"

"Yes Matthew."

"I love you."

He leaned in slowly. I did the same. His hands cupped my face. Our lips touched. It was like a dream. I never picture this happening ever. I've wanted this ever since middle school. He started to deepen the kiss but I pulled away.

"Did I do something wrong?" He said worried.

"No. I just don't want things to you know... Get carried away."

"Ok I understand." He got a text message.

"Sorry Theresa I have to go and unpack." He gave me a kiss on the cheek and left.

He texted me.

M- I'll pick you up for the party Tmr @ 8 ;)
-/-//-/-/--//-/--//-/-/-//-/-//-/-//-/-//-/-/-/-/-/-///-/-/-/-/
THIS CHAPTER GAVE ME SO MANY FEELS JUST WRITING IT.
Sorry I haven't updated in a while. I'll start to update more often because softball season ended and yeah.