"Then do it in public. Or wait until we all get back."

"Actually, I could do it during lunch. Lots of eyes." I didn't want to wait four classes, I wanted to yell at him now. "And I have nothing to lose, really. If he wanted to kill me he would've done it already, right? He had so many chances but he didn't take them."

The bell rang and it was time for me to go to class.

Dexter heard through the phone, "Good luck, I'll talk to you later. Hopefully I can give you some info."

"Bye, Dex."

I went to my first class but couldn't focus. All that consumed my head was what I was going to say to Isaiah. Things had to change but there was no getting through to him.

When lunch rolled around, I still couldn't come up with anything other than yelling. So I decided I wouldn't speak to him until I had a good, believable threat ready.

"I'm so happy semi's over. I can finally eat lunch like a normal person." Lily collapsed in her seat and quickly pulled out her lunch.

"Isn't prom coming up in four months?"

She made a face and popped a skittle in her mouth, "Yeah, don't remind me. Let me just relax for a week before I have to work again."

"You're the one who wanted to join the dance committee."

"Yeah but that's because I thought it would be fun but it's exhausting. And we don't have enough people, we only have four including me." She widened her eyes suddenly. "Speaking of, you sure you don't want to join?"

"No, planning dances aren't my thing."

"Please, you just have to show up everyday after school and you get to see my face for three more hours and it would mean so much," she pleaded and I took a bite out of my sandwich so I wouldn't have to answer. Lily persisted and pulled on my arm, "Please, please, please, pretty please with a cherry on top."

I swallowed my food and took a sip of my tea. "You know just because there's a cherry on top doesn't mean I have to do it."

She pouted. "Fine. I'll just find somebody else."

"Good luck." I smiled because joining the dance committee was stressful, boring, and a total waste of time.

"Hey, look," Lily elbowed me in the side and I followed her gaze.

Cecelia was sitting alone at a big circular table. She wasn't eating anything, but instead was on her phone. Usually she'd be sitting with Kevin but ever since she supposedly dumped him, nobody was brave enough to approach her.

"You think Cecelia's cool, right?"

I shrugged, "Yeah."

Until she got thirsty, ripped your throat open and drained the life out of you before you could even blink.

But sure, yeah.

"I'm gonna ask if she wants to sit with us." She stood up before we could discuss it some more and I watched as she approached the unapproachable Cecelia. She seemed mildly pleased and grabbed her stuff to follow Lily.

"I just didn't want you eating alone. I know how lonely it can be." Lily was saying as they sat down and I suddenly got very tense.

Cecelia just nodded while looking at her, "Where are your new clothes?"

"You kidding me? I can't wear those clothes in school."

"Why not?"

"Because all I got were halter tops and party clothes."

"So?" She asked, "You know you'd look so pretty with your hair down." Lily touched her pigtails but not self-consciously.

"Yeah, but I'm too lazy to brush it out." She finally noticed that Cecelia didn't have any food and offered her bag of skittles. "You want some?"

"No, I'm not really hungry."

"Okay," she shrugged, "Anyway, you have any plans after school today?"

"Not at the moment."

"Do you want to join the dance committee?" Lily asked quickly. "We basically plan all the dances and do all the decorations and it's really fun, I swear!"

"Lily, she's not going to want to—" I started but Cecelia interrupted me.

"On the contrary, I would love to join."

"Really? Wow, I didn't think that'd work. I had a whole speech ready and everything." The bell rang and I packed my Tupperware back into my bag. Lily shoved the rest of her candy into her mouth. "There's a meeting after school if you want to come."

"Perfect. I'll be there." With a swift pivot on her heel, Cecelia made her exit and my shoulders immediately relaxed. I couldn't help being anxious around vampires.

"Last chance, Bri," Lily sing-songed and I hesitated.

I was conflicted and seriously debating whether or not I should join now, too. I didn't trust Cecelia and was worried what would happen if I wasn't there.

But honestly. . . I'd rather do anything else than join a dance planning committee.

"Sorry, Lily, I have tons of homework to do tonight."

She rolled her eyes and gave me some playful attitude, "Alright, but you're missing out."

.•*•.

I'd just finished dinner and finally sat down to start studying for a Music Theory quiz on Monday when I got a SOS text from Lily.

Lily: COME TO THE SCHOOL RIGHT NOW!!!

Me: What's going on?

As soon as I hit send, a stream of texts flooded in.

Lily: JUST COME TO THE SCHOOL

Lily: I NEED YOUR HELP

Lily: RIGHT NOW!!!

Lily: THIS IS AN EMERGENCY

Lily: PLEASE COME

Lily: PLEASE COME

I tried to think of everything that could've happened. Did her car die? Or was it about the committee?

Me: This better not be another trick to get me to join the committee

Lily: IT'S NOT PLEASE I'M FREAKING OUT

I ditched my music notes and drove to the school to see what on earth could be the problem.

When I got there, a few lights were still on but I was definitely getting creepy vibes. I turned off the engine but stayed in my car.

Me: Where are you?

Lily: in the auditorium

Me: You're still in the school??

It was close to eight o'clock, didn't the school shut their doors by now?

Lily: i'll come out

I kept my eyes on the doors and waited for someone to come out. I must've zoned out or something because I didn't even see or hear her come up to my door.

I jumped when she knocked on the window.

"What's going on? Are you okay?" I demanded after I rolled it down and took in her hectic appearance. Her pigtails were falling out and her skin was pale.

"I don't know, I don't know," her voice shook as she kept whispering the same words and that's when I saw the bite on her neck, as well as the trail of blood staining the asphalt.

Lily was a vampire.

I can't believe I haven't updated this story since January. . . Sorry guys!