11. lies?

Elijah's P.O.V:

I let out a soft sigh when I sang the last line. I love this song. I wrote it when I lost mom. It was difficult to deal with. She was my everything. She made me smile and scolded me when I was not being a good kid. But still loved me a lot unlike dad who just wanted me to be the perfect kid. But he wasn't that bad. From that bad I mean beating mom every day. We were a kind of happy family but one day it all changed when he saw mom talking to someone they knew from high school. And after that dad started calling mum a cheater. It all went downhill. He ruined my family

I was in my thoughts when I realized I didn't say goodbye to raven before coming back to my room. She must be worried. She must be overthinking about things she shouldn't be thinking about.

Thinking about raven made me think about her soft smile.

The way she chuckled when I was trying to feed her. She still didn't eat much but at least she had something.

Her eyes are soft. They are always sad. They are asking for someone to save her. I don't know for how long they were screaming, and no one noticed them. It must have been hard to not lose hope when everything was against you. She is strong and I respect that about her.

I have seen her somewhere or someone like her but I can't remember who and when.

I am going to check on raven. I hope she's sleeping okay.

I walk towards my door thinking about how small she looked in my hoodie.

I open my door and I see raven sleeping peacefully on the floor.

Did she fall asleep listening to my voice? That's.... well. She's not the first listener. But I go by my alias ER. So, no one really knows that it's me.

I don't like fame but singing is my passion. My mother loved my voice when I was kid. Singing makes me think of her. Its like bringing her memories alive in front of me. It makes me feel less lonely.

I get on my knees and focus on raven's face. She's weirdly beautiful. Her small lips and her brown eyes can make her stand out in a crowd. Someone I can easily spot. I pick her up bridal style. I guess she's sleeping here again.

I put her down on my bed. I don't know if I said this, but she looks so small in my hoodie. Her body is small and fragile. But she is tougher than she looks

White looks good on her but what do I know? I have only known her for a day but still feel way closer to her than anyone else in my life. I look her for two more seconds and walk out of the room.

I'll give her the privacy she needs.

Her movements are careful, It feels like she's trying to make sure there is no one around to hurt her.

I want to get to know her. Be closer to her. To make her feel safe and most importantly to make her smile.

Raven's P.O.V:

I can't breathe. what's happening to me. I can't move my body. I feel trapped. I'm trying to move. I need to breathe. Help. HELP

"RAVEN WAKE UP" I hear him. I hear his soothing voice and suddenly I can breathe. I try to take my surroundings in as I'm trying to see where I am. I focus on the pair of sea green eyes looking at me worriedly.

"raven" he says softly again. His voice makes me want to go back to sleep but I decide against that and reply to him "hi"

"are you okay? I heard you screaming so I came here as fast as I could" he says while helping me get up and sit. I look at him and tilt my head to the right "so, it wasn't a dream after all?" . he blinks at me blankly. Trying to make sense of what I said to him in his brain. The frown on his head when he's trying to think hard makes him look adorable. I was talking about him and his promises. They weren't a dream. They were real.