'What a curious life this is turning out to be,' she thought as she wandered away from the ever expanding conga line.

Susan spent the next few hours within earshot of Big Ben, observing the celebrations of her fellow man. She hadn't the heart to join in, instead she conceded to being the only living soul that felt more hopeless because of the news of their survival.

She tried to take comfort in their joy, but deep down she knew there would be repercussions.

As night fell she made her way south to what was left of Waterloo Station. Across the river the lights and noise reminded Susan of the New Year celebrations of her youth and for a brief moment she bathed in the distant sound of communal joy and love.

Then just as quickly, she turned her back on them and continued down the cold cobbled streets that ran beside the railway arches. The flickering street light illuminating only emptiness as dark clouds covered the last remaining moonlight as she entered the tunnelled entrance.

Tunnels led through to more tunnels as she followed the barely lit maze, the smell of damp growing ever stronger.

Susan's pulsed quickened as the echo of her own footsteps bounced off the stone arches, she was desperate to see another living soul, just one friendly face to assure her she wasn't willingly walking to her death.

Big Ben rang seven times.

She neared a corner and slowed her pace as she saw a large heavy set figure dressed in black, smoking outside the only doorway.

Susan froze as the man spotted her. He immediately rose up to his full height, his expression unnecessarily combative and aggressive.

She couldn't turn back now even if she wanted to, terrified it might set the man off, she had also lost track of how to get back in her desperation to find the place.

Susan carefully approached attempting to look too harmless to attack and smiled warmly at the man who remained stone-faced.

'Um, do excuse me but I was looking for a young woman with pink hair, usually under a hood. She told me to be under Lambeth Arches for 7pm, but I'm afraid I don't have any more information than that.'

'Don't know what you're talking bout, Luv.'

'Oh my, well I don't suppose you know how to get back from here do you, I'm not sure I remember the way.'

'No,' he grunted, flicking his cigarette at her feet.

'I see,' said Susan, taking a step back gripping the folded up piece of paper in her hand.

'Oh, I think her name was Justice, if that helps at all? Well, if she happens to come by this way looking for me do please tell her I tried and I'll be heading back up to Paddington station, if I can find it.'

The heavy set man looked her up and down with suspicion then opened the door behind him and stood to one side, shepherding her in as he nervously scanned either end of the tunnel.

'You'll find justice in there, luv.'

Susan, taken aback, hesitantly peered inside to another dimly lit corridor. She attempted to see what was at the end but beyond the stained dark-red walls there was only shadow.

Before she could turn and ask the gentleman what she was looking for, he'd closed the door behind her and she heard the heavy lock click.

Feeling instant regret for most of her recent life choices, she did her best to compose herself before walking blindly into the shadows.

She fumbled through the darkness before abruptly stopping at the feel of thick cloth in front of her, it was heavy and cold and smelt old and a little damp - reminding Susan of the stage curtain at her old primary school. Searching for the opening she made her way into a brightly lit antichamber with walls of exposed brick, painted white and a large wooden ornate door at the furthest end.

It was clear that people had recently been here from the footprints on the floor.

Susan nervously approached the door before getting a hold of herself.

'What on earth am I doing, this is utter madness.'

She resolved to politely let herself out and make her way home before something seriously untoward happened. Why was she attempting to remedy this situation on her own when she had the creator of all things back at home?

She could just get Alan to strike Abaddon down, or perhaps reverse time, or who knows what wondrous powers he possessed that she couldn't even think of.

'Ah, there you are, I didn't think you would show. Come on it's about to start.'

Susan spun round to see the young woman from the park standing right behind her, her pink hair jagged across her shadowed eyes.

'Well I'm really not sure this is a good idea, Justice.' Said Susan backing away towards the exit.

The young woman unlocked the heavy wooden door.

'Oh, I'm not Justice,' she said, swinging the door wide open to reveal an auditorium filled to capacity with thousands of people.

'We are justice.'

Susan peered into the cavernous room, she had never seen so many people in one place.

'I'm Kali. Come on, she's looking forward to meeting you after her speech.'

Susan followed her into the auditorium as all the lights were cut to the rapturous screaming adulation of the crowd.

A single spotlight shone down onto the podium, bathing their leader in golden light.

She stood tall and imposing in front of the baying mob, her steely gaze determined and righteous.

A Revolutionary in red lipstick.

The founder and strategic military leader of Justice For Earth.

'Oh my,' gasped Susan. 'It's the princess.'