CHAPTER FOUR - THE ASSAULT

Start from the beginning

"You can't say that, Granger! As a Gryffindor, you have to make sure your house rises above all! If that means doing the Boy-Who-Lived's Classwork to ensure he gets a passing grade, you need to bloody well do it!!!" Ron yelled but it was a mere whisper to Hermione's Roar.

"IRRELAVET!!!" Hermione's Magic pulsed out, knocking everyone but Neville to their rear ends, including Madam Hooch who looked shocked at her student's rage showing itself her magic. Hermione's body was shining like a star, a light blue star. The wind had picked up around her that blew her robes and hair around, including Neville's. Hooch got to her feet and tried to step closer but the sudden lash of magic struck lightning at her feet that scorched the ground in front of her. The message was clear - come any closer and you will get hurt.

"Ms. Granger! Please, calm yourself! You could hurt someone!" Hooch begged the angry child but her pleading fell on deaf ears.

"The Preservation of a House that turned its' tail to me when I sacrificed myself for the greater good, as Dumbledore would say, is not worthy of my time or my knowledge! Slytherin is more like a family than Gryffindor has ever been and that is saying something! A Pride of Lions should stick together, through thick and thin, but the moment I fell with Knzeale Characteristics, I was betrayed by those I once trusted! I heard the mummers along with my own house - Mummers against me! If you think that I'm going to help you or your pathetic house that I was unfortunately placed in...YOU ARE GRAVELY MISTAKEN!!! YOU ARE IRRELEVANT! HARRY POTTER IS IRRELEVANT! GRYFFINDOR IS IRRELEVANT! THIS PLACE IS...IRRELEVANT!!!" Hermione's Magic lashed out at Ronald in the form of lightning, who only scared and covered his face but when the pain didn't come, he slowly removed his face from his robe arm, he gasped - The 3 Lightning Strikes were inches from his face and Hermione's Magic still filled the air but it was still like the sand at the bottom of an hourglass.

Hooch and the other student looked at her and saw that she held her hand up to stop her magic from hurting one of the people who hurt her for so long but that was not what really stopped her - what stopped her was her brother, who had let go of her hand to take her in his arms in a gentle embrace. Neville's low sob could be heard in Hermione's cat ears and it made her tear up; she could hear him whisper things like: 'Please, don't do it.", "You're better than this.", "Don't make him something that you are not.". Hermione's magic faded away, shredding away like paper before the wind stopped and all was normal.

Without another word, Neville broke the hug and grasped his sister's hand once again before pulling her in the direction of the castle. No one moved or uttered a word but the anger in Ron was beyond new highs.

Hermione Granger - A Muggleborn - just made him, Ronald Bilius Weasley - A Pureblood - look like a weak fool in front of everyone.

'That Bitch...That Mudblood...is going to pay for this.'

- 3 Hours Later - Dueling Club -

Hermione was standing against the wall, with her arms folded and her ears laying flat on her head; not in aggression or fear, but in disinterest. Neville had told Luna everything that happened during flight class and Luna was giving Hermione a full-blown lecture as to why she was not supposed to let her anger get so bad that her magic almost struck Madam Hooch and Ron. Luna knew that Hermione hated Ron and Harry but she shouldn't have let her anger get so bad that she almost seriously hurt him, if not kill him.

"Hermione, listen. I know that you are angry with what he said but those are just words! You're stronger than falling for that and all that magic, I still feel it from here. Are you sure that you are a Muggleborn? All this magic is not usually found in those without Magic Parents." Luna asked the fang-locked cat hybrid.

"Yes, Luna. My parents are both muggles so I am, therefore, a Muggleborn." Hermione huffed at Luna, who just raised her eyebrow at her.

"Alright, it's obvious that you are still mad. How about we find you someone to duel then we can talk when you are calmed down?" Luna suggested. Hermione opened her mouth but an arrogant voice called out.

"You & Me. In the ring. Now, Granger." Hermione and Luna looked to see Ronald Weasley standing before them.

"You're not very smart, are you?" Luna said, narrowing her eyes at the Weasley Child.

"I'm not talking to you, Loony." Ron spat.

"Don't disrespect my sister, Weasley." Hermione hissed, gripping her forearms with her claws, hoping not to attack the boy.

"What are you gonna do about it, Stray?" Ron smirked.

"You. Me. Ring. Now." Hermione said, pushing herself off the wall, making her way to the ring. Luna looked as Ron's smirk got wider before noticing that his wand was already in his hand before Hermione was at the ring, her back was turned and Ron raised his wand. Luna's eyes widened as she yelled out at the same time Ron yelled his spell.

"Hermione!" Luna tried to move but she was suddenly grabbed from behind and her mouth was covered.

"Expelliarmus!"

Hermione turned to the sound too late as her wand was snatched from her fingertips as she was taking it out to duel. Her eyes widened in horror as her wand landed at her feet, she rushed to grab it but was too slow.

"Petrificus Totalus!" Hermione's body stiffened as Ron's Full Body-Bind wrapped itself around her body, causing her movement to be taken away from her. Her tail was the only thing that was free but it was freaking out. Hermione looked in the direction of a smirking and snickering Ronald Weasley twirling his wand like he was the most powerful wizard alive.

"Cursing someone with their back turned?! Have you no honor or respect, Ronald Weasley?!" Hermione hissed while fighting against the body-bind.

"I don't give a damn about honor with you, Stray. You made me look like a fool in front of everyone during Flying Class with that pathetic little light show you put on so I'm going to put you in your place - In the mud, just like your blood!" He pointed his wand at Hermione. "Incendio!" Flames blazed from his ward and shot at Hermione.

Hermione's fangs ground together, her magic flared inside her again, she knew she was wandless and in a body-bind, she had no idea what came over her when the fire was almost to her face when she roared out...

"PROTEGO!!"

And the fire crashed into a blue shield before going out.

Ron, Luna, and Luna's Captivator, even Hermione herself, looked shocked - Hermione just used Protego while in a body-bind and wandless. The shock in Hermione didn't last long when her magic took control again and ripped through the ropes of the Body-Bind like knives through ribbons. Ron's shock wore off but before he could trap the cat again, Hermione thrust two fingers pointing at Ron and roared once again.

"Expelliarmus!" The magic ripped through Hermione's arm, bursting through her fingertips as she disarmed Ron, much to his dismay. He moved to grab it but Hermione waved her other arm around in the same position and roared "STUPEFY!" hitting Ron in his chest, sending him flying into the wall. Hermione quickly grabbed her wand and pointed it at the person holding her bloodless sister - it was Ginny.

Hermione said nothing as Ginny released Luna, and Luna ran over to Hermione, grabbing her hand, leaving the Dueling Room. The 2 girls quickly ran to the Great Hall to meet with Neville but they were both thinking the same thing.

'What the hell just happened?!'

THOUGHTS?
QUESTIONS?
COMMENTS?