CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT: THE MOONCREST ESTATE

[Outside The Mooncrest Estate - Around 10:00 In The Morning]

The vegetation had overgrown across the luxurious fountain and the massive estate. The Fountain itself was chipped and crumbled away in some spots, erosion took its' hold since the estate was abandoned over time. Hermione's tail waved around as the moisture in the air in the form of morning dew collected on her dark brown fur and made her tail bushier than normal while her hair was tamed in a back ponytail and her ears darted in multiple directions as the sounds of birds, ground critters, and the sound of rushing water from the nearby river filled her ears. According to the letter from Hermione's Mother, Mooncrest Estate was one of the Saber-Lobos' oldest estates purchased when Athena became head of House Saber-Lobos, it was well lived in but when Voldemort and Bellatrix came looking for the Heads of Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff, thus causing the estate to be abandoned for all this time and without the magic to maintain it, it fell into ruin.

"This place is vast, My Love," Fleur said as she looked around the ground before returning to Hermione's side, lacing her arm with Hermione's as she smiled up at the taller witch, who smiled back at her with her Kneazle Ears resting gently on her head.

"It is indeed, but don't you think it's a little too big for just us? It's about the size of Saber-Lobos Manor." Hermione asked Fleur as they looked at the massive building before them.

"I think it is just perfect, My Lioness; after all, we are going to need room for our children." Fleur smiled but Hermione's face turned as red as a tomato when she heard those words from her mate, "My Lioness, your face is quite red. Are you alright?" She smirked before placing a kiss on her feline's cheek, causing Hermione to shake her head and return from her daydream of mini Hermiones and Fleurs running around the grounds.

"Let's go inside." Hermione said as she pulled Fleur along with her, who was chuckling at the brightness of her mate's face. Hermione and Fleur walked up the stairs until they stood before the door, Hermione reached into her coat pocket and pulled out the key to the estate and inserted it with the keyhole & turned it. The door creaked open and the pair walked inside. 

The inside was just as large as the outside, furniture covered up and some dust bunnies in the corners but all and all, nothing a little magic won't fix. Fleur looked around and her eyes fell on something shining in the corner, a door knob to another room; she pulled away from Hermione and walked over to the door and opened it before gasping, causing her mate to walk over to her to see what she was gasping about and when she saw what was in the room, it made her heart skip a beat. 

It was a built-in garden and the flowers were still alive. Vibrant colors shined as the sunlight shined through the windows all around the place, Fleur walked into the garden and looked at the centerpiece of it all - A Single Lunar Rose on a bush that was shining like the moon itself at night. The Veela reached her hand out a gently touched the petals of the Lunar Rose and smiled as the glow of the rose intensified a little bit, Hermione walked behind her and looked at the rose in her mate's hand before looking at Fleur herself and her heart was beating faster than before. She was really falling for the Veela.

"You are staring, My Love." Fleur chuckled to the Kneazle Hybrid as she removed her hand from the rose and turned to face Hermione before placing her hand over Hermione's heart, feeling the racing of her heart through her skin. "Is there something on your mind?"

"Just that you are incredibly beautiful, Fleur." Hermione smiled at Fleur before wrapping her arms around the small of the Veela's back and pulling her in closer smiling down at her with shining brown eyes.

"You are too kind to me, My Love." Fleur said as she place her hand on Hermione's cheek, enjoying her mate's warmth and closeness. The Veela were powerful and proud but in the arms of their mates, they were allowed to be a little vulnerable and Fleur felt safe in the arms of the powerful Sabertooth, who leaned down and placed a kiss on the blonde's lips, who then returned the gesture in kind. They remained in each other's grasp before the need for air called to them and they broke apart. 

"We should continue to look around the grounds - who knows what we shall find in our new home." Hermione offered as she looked at the door they came through before Fleur cupped the Kneazle Hybrid's face to make her look into her in the eyes and the smirk on the Veela's face.

"We could do that, or you and I could kiss some more." Fleur said as she connected their lips again and Hermione closed her eyes and pressed more into the kiss with a smile on her face.

[A Little While Later]

Powerful Paws stood in the overgrown grass as the Sabertooth looked around with Fleur on her back offering her pets, causing the Sabertooth to purr. Hermione had transformed into her beast form when Fleur complained about her feet hurting in the heels she was wearing, even though Hermione told her to wear something comfier and she didn't listen, and Hermione turned into the Sabertooth to offer her mate somewhere soft to rest her feet while getting a ride around the grounds.

"I have to say, My Love, it's more fun to ride on your back as a Sabertooth than walking around like a commoner; I thought about it when I first saw you in this form back in the city. You're like a royal mount." Fleur smiled as she stroked the cat between her ears, making her purr even louder.

"I may be large enough for you to ride but that doesn't mean that I'm going to give you rides all the time." Hermione said mentally through their link.

"Oh, I think that you will give me rides whenever I want them, My Love. I wonder how Maman and Papa will react to seeing me riding on the back of a massive cat when we go to visit them." Fleur said but a confused mew came from Hermione, "Oh, I never told you - Maman sent me a letter, saying that she is coming to meet us." 

"What?! When?!" Hermione asked.

"In 7 days." Fleur said with a chuckle.

"So soon?! I need to get to work on the house! Hold on tight!" Hermione bolted in the direction of the estate as Fleur screamed as she held on to the cat's thick neck.