Father Knows Best

Midoriya smiled widely as he packed up his painting. "This is it! This is a very big day, Pascal. I'm finally going to do it. In going to ask him."

"Midoriya! Let down your hair!" Hisashi yelled from the bottom of the tower which made Midoriya more excited.

"It's time!" Midoriya smiled at Pascal who was also very excited. Midoriya giggled and hid him. "I know, I know. Come on. Don't let him see you."

"Midoriya! I'm not getting any younger down here!" Hisashi said, getting impatient but then Midoriya arrived.

"Coming, Father!" Midoriya smiled and swung his hair around a hook and threw his hair down to Hisashi, him climbing onto it so he could get into the tower.

Midoriya panted since it was a lot of hard work, pulling his father up to the tower. He smiled at his father. "Hi. Welcome home, Father."

"Midoriya, how do you manage to do that every single day without fail?" Hisashi asked. Just by looking at him, he was starting to get old and he needed his golden flower to make him young again. "It looks absolutely exhausting, darling." Hisashi said as he pushed Midoriya's hair back. Midoriya chuckled lightly.

"Oh, it's nothing."

"Then I don't know why it takes so long." Hisashi then laughed. "Oh, darling, I'm just teasing." Midoriya chuckled lightly again.

"All right... so, Father, as you know tomorrow is a very big day..."

"Midoriya, look in that mirror." Hisashi pulled Midoriya next to him, looking into the mirror. "You know what I see? I see a strong, confident, handsome young man." Hisashi smiled, Midoriya smiling with him. "Oh look, you're here too." Hisashi laughed again. "I'm just teasing. Stop taking everything so seriously." Hisashi nudged Midoriya gently then looked into the mirror, noticing the wrinkles on his face and the grey in his hair.

"Okay. So, Father, as I was saying, tomorrow is..."

"Midoriya, Father's feeling a little run-down. Would you sing for me, dear? Then we'll talk."

"Oh! Of course, Father." Midoriya smiled and ran to get a chair for Hisashi to sit on, also grabbing a brush for Hisashi to brush his hair with. Midoriya pushed Hisashi on the chair and Midoriya sat on the stool, placing his hair on Hisashi's lap. He sung the special song quickly so then he could continue talking. Hisashi turned young again immediately.

"Midoriya..." Hisashi looked at him.

"So, Father, earlier I was saying tomorrow is a big day, and you didn't respond. So, I'm just going to tell you, it's my birthday!" Midoriya laughed a little as he hugged Hisashi's arm. "Ta-da!"

Hisashi pushed Midoriya away, smiling at him. "No, no, no. Can't be. I distinctly remember. Your birthday was last year."

"That's the funny thing about birthdays, they're kind of an annual thing." Midoriya sighed and sat back down on the stool. "Father, I'm turning 18, and I wanted to ask... what I really want for this birthday... actually what I wanted for quite a few birthdays now..." Midoriya stalled since he was very nervous.

"Midoriya, please, stop with the mumbling. You know I feel about the mumbling. Blah-blah-blah-blah. It's very annoying! I'm just teasing. You're adorable. I love you so much, darling." Hisashi smiled and pinched Midoriya's cheek, walking away. Pascal squeaked to get Midoriya's attention. Midoriya exclaimed.

"I want to see the floating lights." Midoriya blurted out, looking at Hisashi.

Hisashi stopped what he was doing and looked at Midoriya. "What?"

"Well, I was hoping you would take me to see the floating lights." Midoriya said as he showed Hisashi the painting of himself watching the floating lanterns.

"Oh! You mean the stars." Hisashi smiled and went back to do what he was doing.

"That's the thing." Midoriya said as he used his hair to open a window that lit onto a painting he did about stars. "I've charted stars, and they're always constant. But these, they appear every year on my birthday, Father. Only on my birthday. And I can't help but feel like they're meant for me. I need to see them, Father. And not just from my window, in person. I have to know what they are."

"You want to go outside? Why, Midoriya." Hisashi scoffed as he shut and locked the window.

"Look at you, as fragile as a flower
Still a little sapling, just a sprout
You know why we stay up in this tower
(I know but)
That's right
To keep you safe and sound, dear
Guess I always knew this day was coming
Knew that soon you'd want to leave the nest
Soon but not yet
(But)
Shh. Trust me pet
Father knows best

Father knows best. Listen to your father
It's a scary world out there
Father knows best
One way or another
Something will go wrong, I swear
Ruffians, thugs, poison ivy, quicksand
Cannibals and snakes
The plague
(No!)
Yes!
Also large bugs
Men with pointy teeth
And stop no more you'll just upset me
Father's right here
Father will protect you
Darling, here's what I suggest
Skip the drama, stay with papa.
Father knows best

Father knows best
Take it from your daddy
On your own, you won't survive
Sloppy, underdressed
Immature, clumsy
Please, they'll eat you up alive!
Gullible, naive
Positively grubby
Ditzy and a bit... well.. hmm, vague
Plus I believe
Gettin' kinda chubby
I'm just saying because I wuv you
Father understands
Father's here to help you
All I have is one request"

Midoriya sighed deeply and ran up to Hisashi, hugging him tightly.

"Midoriya?"

"Yes, Father?"

Hisashi then looked at him really sternly "Don't ever ask to leave this tower again." He said firmly. Midoriya looked down.

"Yes, Father..."

"Oh." Hisashi held Midoriya's chin to make him look up at him. "I love you very much, dear."

Midoriya smiled up at him. "I love you more."

"I love you most." Hisashi kissed the top of his head gently

"Don't forget it
You'll regret it
Father.... knows... best..."

Hisashi was then being hoisted down by Midoriyas hair.  "Ta-ta! I'll see you in a bit, my flower!" Hisashi smiled.

"I'll be here..." Midoriya sighed and looked outside, letting his really long green hair flow in the wind.