Bye Bye Brookside

Start from the beginning

I was falling from 50 feet above the ground. 

"Mom!" Sophia screamed. "Dad, do something!" I opened my eyes to see a huge wave of water from Brookside's pool coming straight for me. 

Percy Jackson, once again, saves the day. The Drakon was gone. Sophia was on the ground. Lena and Taylor were rushing her over to Kathryn. And Rion and the boy were having a screaming match. 

"What are you doing?" The boy yelled. 

"I was trying to help her- she's badly injured, and I might be able to help!"

"Gods, she doesn't need your help. I'm the son of Apollo here, kid. I can do it."

Rion's face twisted into a furious glare. "Who are you, her boyfriend?"

"Yes, actually, I am. So leave us alone!" And he did. Rion stood up, and when he turned to face me, his face was agonizingly painful to see. 

"Oh my god, Rion?!" Charlotte was here. The last thing Rion needed. "You totally just saved the world!" She looked ten times more ditzy with all the make up she had on. She would lose ten pounds if she took it all off. 

"Hey, Charlotte." He gave her a quick smile, then walked passed her toward the parking lot. He was going home. 

"Ri, wait up!" Luke called. I'd let him handle this one. Percy trailed behind them, picking up his pace when I nodded. Girl problems.

Then I had to check on Lauren. She looked horrible. Pale, cold... almost dead. Mrs. Sorenson was kneeling next to her daughter, and Sophia was hugging Kathryn as tightly as she could. 

"We've got to get her out of here!" Lauren's boyfriend yelled. "She needs a real bed. Let's take'er home." He picked her up, Mr. and Mrs. Sorenson at his heels, and Kathryn running to keep up. 

"I hate his guts," Lena muttered after they were gone. 

"Who is he?" 

"Geoffrey Yotts. The worst kid in the Apollo cabin. I swear to Hades, I'll kill him if he hurts Rion like that again," She muttered. 

"Yeah," Taylor agreed as she played with her Camp necklace. "He's a real jerk." 

                                                                                     ~~

Rion spent most of June avoiding girls. The only girls he talked to were Sophia, Lena, Taylor, and I. Other than that, he was mute. I didn't push him, and neither did anyone else. He deserved a little break from people- high school is tough. It's so inconveinient to fall in love then. 

It wasn't until the 4th of July that Rion spoke to another girl, and I felt horrible that he had to do it that way. 

Lauren had just about fully recovered. After a few weeks of treatments by Apollo himself, and a bunch of physical therapy, she was finally getting there. Sophia said she still walked with a slight limp where the acid had hit her, but other than that, she was doing pretty well. Charlotte had just returned from the Bahamas. The situation reminded me so much of Rachel (Charlotte), Percy (Rion), and I (Lauren). You can tell who I wanted Rion to end up with. 

Rion was in his swim suit, shirtless, when the doorbell rang. He opened it without looking, figuring it was a package for one of their birthdays or something. Instead, it was Lauren.

"Hey, Rion." She smiled. Crutches supported her weight, and her leg was all bandaged up. Not as great as Sophia had described.

Rion's eyes almost popped out of his head. "L-L-Lauren? What are you doing here?" It came out harsher than it was meant to; I saw it in his eyes.