Today the room held only Louis and Mr. Laurent, no Adrien which was strange because the blonde usually was at every practice with me because we have the most lines together. Nevertheless, the music teacher's face lit up when he saw me, something I grew very fond of in the last few weeks.

"Y/n, great timing I need you to play something dramatic on the piano!"

I shrugged my backpack off and drew my hands from where they sat in my winter coat. I sat down as Louis continued to rattle off about something, most likely a common scuffle they were having. The blonde moaned in pain dramatically, and I strung together a few simple low notes to accentuate it. I looked over the top of the wooden piano with a proud smile.

"Lou, how hard is it to adopt a kid?"

"No Mike-"

The blonde didn't take his eyes off me from behind his flamboyant glasses, he continued to whine.

"She gets my jokes and she's good at music, let's adopt her and start a band! Play another y/n."

The darker-haired male rolled his eyes amused, while Mr. Laurent banged his forehead lightly on his wooden desk. The coffee in his mug rippled a bit at the force. Before I could begin on another song, Louis stopped me.

"At least let her take her coat off first."

I shot him a grateful smile and stood from the piano. Making my way back over to my bag to set my coat down. I warmed my fingers by rubbing them together, as I moved back over to the pair to take a seat next to the teacher's desk.

"Is it cold in here, we can turn the thermostat up?"

"Oh no, it's my fault I was outside for a while calling a friend from home."

"Do you keep in touch with them?"

Louis was ever observant, always calculating and questioning. I laughed a little.

"Ya, at least one of them checks in on me every day. I live alone and they are major worriers."

"Hold up, you live alone?"

Mr. Laurent cut off any conversation we were about to have, flabbergasted. Louis shot him a look before he returned his focus to me.

"No one lives with you?"

"Well, I have a foster parent who stops in to check on me every few weeks or so."

"There's no way that's legal."

"Trust me, I'm well taken care of. There are worse situations for CPS and the state to worry about."

Louis pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration.