III

Cayden checked the time on his phone before jumping up onto his bed to lay down. It was late in the night and he couldn't seem to fall asleep. Constantly tossing and turning, he couldn't get the thought of possibly being in a relationship with Summer off his mind.

He turned on his phone again and this time was blinded. His eyes took a while to readjust to the brightness from the previous dark of his room. As soon as he could see, he quickly clicked on his social media and went to his accounts to create a new one. One without his real name. Just a simple user, Aiden Larsen. After creating his new account, he went straight to the search bar and looked up 'Summer Zei'. Sure enough, a picture of the girl popped up at the top of his screen which led to her page. He laid there for a second admiring her cute selfie. 'Hey~' He sent her through direct messaging, hoping for a reply. He hasn't been able to write to her in a while since she blocked his main and second account.

Suddenly, his phone rang. 'Hii!' Summer replied. His pulse quickened, super excited over how she answered. An actual answer, he was unsure what to write next.

'You're cute' he hit send. Jumping to his feet, he regretted his action. Surely he just ruined this new chance. Next thing he'd know, this account will also be blocked.

'Pfft, right' was the response he received. He was thankful she didn't immediately start hating him. Though it also saddened him that she didn't see herself the way he saw her.

'Really. You're beautiful' he sent, trying to make her see.

Their conversations continued for most of the night. Cayden fell for her more and more each message until they finally fell asleep a few hours before his Monday work.

A loud blaring alarm woke the blonde up. He was exhausted from what little sleep he had gotten and refused to move, even to turn off the alarm which got louder with every beep.

His door burst open. "Shut off that damn alarm!" Honda shouted obviously tired, "I've got auditions later today! You better get to work so you can pay your part of the rent." He left slamming the door behind him, his eyes baggy from sleeplessness.

"Ugh, seriously Honda?" Cayden asked as he stretched his arm over to his nightstand and turned off the alarm. "New day." He stood up realizing he was still dressed from the night before. He was disgusted at the thought of wearing the same clothes the next day and got dressed in a new outfit which so happened to be slightly damped since they didn't have a clothing dryer. It didn't matter anyhow, he always spilled water on himself since he watered plants all day as a florist. He hated the job since women always came in questioning his sexuality, but nonetheless he loved flowers because of the elegance and beauty they represented.

Cayden walked into their kitchen to grab some breakfast. He popped in a slice of bread into the toaster and sat down waiting for his food to finish cooking. Once the toaster dinged, he grabbed the hot, crunchy slice of bread and quickly put it in his mouth holding it with his teeth. Grabbing his bag, he raced out the door like an anime girl running to school. He jumped on his bike which sat next to the door and started pedaling to his workplace.

On the way there, he thought about how he hated waking up earlier than the others and how the distance from his home and work increased once they moved. He dreaded the ride there. It was definitely not his idea of a good way to start the morning, especially after staying up most of the night. Suddenly, the reason he stayed up so late crossed his mind. Crash! He was on the ground. The thought made him lose focus and ride directly into a metal pole. Cayden yelped in pain, but he was too determined to get to his job. He got up and continued riding with his banged head killing him.

* * *

"Sorry I'm here!" Cayden shouted, rushing into the flower shop.

"You're late!" shouted Cayden's boss, Martha.