History Repeats Itself

Start from the beginning

"And history seems to be repeating itself. Much like you Speedy, Swift is not one to break the rules. I don't know about Penny, but I'm sure they both struggled with the feelings they were developing for each other. For Swift to break any rule, the reason behind it has to be really important to him. And from the looks of it, Penny seems to be important enough to him for him to break the same two rules you two broke."

Speedy and Bea gave a nervous laugh.

"I suggest you do the same thing I did with you two. Don't let them know you know about their relationship. It's better that they think you don't know and perform well to keep their secret, than they know you are ok with it and become more open and get distracted by each other and don't perform as well. That's why that rule was put in place. It's happened in the past and things did not go well for those involved." C-Jay explained.

Speedy and Bea nodded understandingly.

"And what about you C-Jay? You're really ok with your grandson being in a relationship with a penguin?" Speedy asked

"I'm ok with whoever he chooses. As long as that person makes him happy. Penny's a sweet girl. And from what I've seen, she has the kind of personality that Swift's attracted to. Kind, outgoing and most importantly, likes him for who he is and not his lineage." C-Jay replied.

"Lineage?" Bea questioned.

"Oh, yea. Your family is known to be the best of the best in Bluejay forest." Speedy stated. "I'm... guessing he had a lot of pursuers."

C-Jay nods. "Ever since he turned ten, the females he used to play with and saw as really good friends, started flirting with him. This caused him to distance himself from them. So in all honesty, I'm not surprised that if he were to choose a partner, it'd be someone out of our species. Though I didn't expect it to be someone who's the complete opposite of him. It really gives meaning to the saying 'opposites attract'." He chuckled.

Speedy and Bea chuckled and giggled.

"It sure does." Speedy replied.

They looked at the screen at the two cadets being content with each other. Just happy to be together.

"I just can't get over how cute they are together." Bea beamed.

C-Jay and Speedy chuckled.

They saw Penny yawn, causing Swift to chuckle and nuzzle her.

"Time to go in, Pen."

"Just a little longer."

"A little longer and I'll have to carry you back in."

"You don't mind." Penny tiredly giggled while letting out another yawn. She could barely keep her eyes open.

"Looks like I'm going to have to carry you anyway." Swift chuckled as he stood up, picked her up and carried her bridal style. She yawned again.

"I'm... sorry..." she tiredly apologized.

"It's ok, Penny. Like you said, I don't mind." Swift softly replied.

Penny gave a soft hum as she laid her head on his chest before sleep took hold of her.

Swift smiled, holding her close and nuzzling her before making his way back to HQ.

Bea turned off the screen, and the three of them hid till they heard the elevator doors open. Swift looked around the dimly lit control room and made his way to their sleeping quarters with Penny in his wings.

Speedy, Bea, and C-Jay, came out of hiding when he went in. Speedy opened up his tablet to access the camera in their room. They saw Swift tuck Penny into bed and kiss her forehead, before making his way to his own bed, and fell asleep shortly after.

"Always the gentle-bird." C-Jay happily thought.

Speedy smiled with a hum. "C-Jay's right. There's no need to confront them about this." He stated. "If their relationship really is like ours when we were cadets, they'll have a happy future together, like us."

Bea nodded in agreement.

"Just one difference though. Our families didn't approve of our relationship. At least C-Jay's ok with it, but what about penny's family?" She asked.

"Leave that to me." C-Jay stated.

Speedy and Bea looked to him with a thoughtful pause before nodding towards him.

"Alright, we'll leave it to you." Speedy stated. "Anyway, it's late. The cadets are in, so we should get some sleep. The cadets have a special training lesson tomorrow."

Bea and C-Jay nodded in agreement. They told each other goodnight and headed off to their sleeping quarters. 

--

Hope you guys like it. 

Feedback appreciated.