Vol.2: Saved

1. Past to Present

It's a dark night, as I walk through Mystic Falls, Virginia alone. My name is Katherine Pierce, formerly known in Bulgaria as Katerina Petrova. I should probably tell you my long story.

I was born in Bulgaria under the name of Katerina Petrova in 1492. I lived in a village like any human. But when I met Lord Elijah, Lord Niklaus, and Lord Trevor my life changed completely. I know I should've stayed in my village, but I didn't. I had to get away for a little while. I was upset after my father had taken my baby girl from me, saying I have disgraced my family. You see, illegitimate children weren't welcome in those days. So after I met them, I thought they were gentlemen. Niklaus even kissed my hand. Trevor was the most polite, because he developed a crush on me.

Later, I found out what his family is and that I was Klaus' doppelganger. I ran from him, but Trevor found me in the woods. He told me to run to a cabin and tell her who had sent me. Rose let me in and compelled the old woman that owned the cabin, to bring me food and water. And after I had been fed and had had water, Rose locked me in one of the bedrooms. I took my dagger and cut my wrists so I would die, instead of being brought to Klaus by Rose. But she smelled my blood and forced her blood down me. I gagged and she went over to speak to Trevor. Trevor wanted me to live, but Rose was looking out for her and Trevor's well-being. She told him that whoever double crosses Klaus always ends up in his debt. Trevor argued that he loved me. Then I saw a length of rope and hung myself.

When I awoke, I was on the bed with an overwhelming hunger. I was in transition to become a vampire. I was so thirsty and my feelings were heightened. Trevor asked me why I did it and told me he would've helped me escape. I told him that he would've helped me run.

When Rose came at me with a stake to try and kill me, I pushed the old woman in front of me. Rose staked her, instead. The blood was so much that I couldn't resist. So I fed on the woman's neck and tossed her to Rose. I apologized before fleeing.

When I arrived back at my village, I found all the villagers and my family dead; slaughtered. When I saw my ma' ma's body, I wept over her for what seemed like an hour. Then I ran from Bulgaria and came to America, where I changed my name to Katherine Pierce. I stayed in England until I was banished after they found out what I am. And that's when I came to Mystic Falls, Virginia in 1864.

When I arrived in Mystic Falls, I told them that my parents were killed in a fire and I was an orphan. Mr. Giuseppe Salvatore, Stefan and Damon's father, took me in. So I lived in the Salvatore boarding house and met Stefan. I fell in love with him, as he did with me. Then I met Damon after he came home from war to see his little brother. Damon fell in love with me, as did I with him.

Not long afterward I told Damon and Stefan what I am, Stefan made a big mistake by telling his father what I am. That led to the vampire raid. I was captured, but Damon and Stefan got me out. And then their father killed them, resulting in them waking up in transition. When they did awake, they saw the church fire and thought I was dead. But little did they know, I had a Lockwood on my side. He helped me escape Mystic Falls. I faked my own death.

Throughout the centuries, I watched Damon and Stefan from a distance. I made sure they were safe.

When I came back in 2009, I watched them from a distance. I wanted Stefan back. And then I saw the doppelganger. Elena Gilbert. She and Stefan were together for a couple years before Klaus came. He started trouble for us. But now he has been on low profile. It makes us all wonder what he's planning; thinking. So that's what brings us to the present.

I'm about ready to pass Elena Gilbert's place where she lives with her brother Jeremy and caretaker Alaric. But when I smell blood, I stop in my tracks. I walk up to the door, open it, and walk in, closing the door behind myself.