vol.1: A New Beginning

1. Emancipator

It's a dark night, as I walk pass allies on my way home. My name is Alaric Saltzman and I am a Vampire Hunter. I hunt down and kill vampires. But I wasn't always like this. I was once just an everyday normal human. I was married and had dreams about having children. She was an extraordinary, beautiful, caring woman by the name of Isobel Flemming. I thought nothing of it, when she started obsessing over vampires. I thought it was a joke, when she told me that she wanted to find a vampire. Back then, I didn't believe in vampires. But almost every night, she would stay up late researching. She even gave me a ring; a special one. She called it special, and it would protect me. I didn't believe in magic or protection against things, so I just laughed it off.

All of her research paid off in the end, because she found a vampire. One that, when she begged him to, was willing to turn her. I know that now, but I thought he had killed her back then. After all, I had witnessed him feeding from her one night, when I had come home. But when he saw me, he vanished from my home and sight. So in the end, she was turned. It twisted her in a way that I didn't know her anymore.

You're probably wondering who turned her and what the ring is. You're also probably wondering how I found her. Let me shorten it, since it's a long story.

When I came to live in Mystic Falls, Virginia for the first time, I applied for a job as a History teacher at Mystic High. And I got the job.

Shortly after I started my new life with a new job, I found out that Mystic Falls has a lot of history to it. It starts with vampires in the winter of 1864. But I won't go into it. I also found out that the vampire I had seen was Damon Salvatore.

Later, Damon Salvatore became my best friend and I met Elena Gilbert and Damon's brother, Stefan Salvatore.

Not long afterward, several things happened. Katherine Pierce, Elena's descendant and Damon and Stefan's Sire, came to town first. She started playing games with everyone, centering it all in on Elena, trying to get Stefan back. She killed Elena's best friend Caroline whom became a vampire afterward, cut John Gilbert's fingers off which put him in the hospital for a little bit, and we think she's the one whom put Vicki in transition. Just so you know, Vicki was Elena's friend and Elena's ex-boyfriend, Matt Donovan's sister, as well as Tyler's girlfriend and Jeremy's crush. But Damon and Stefan had to kill her when she almost bit Jeremy, Elena's brother, and bit Elena on the shoulder. To top it off, Katherine pretended to be Elena at times. But after a while, Katherine stopped all together. That was when Klaus, a werewolf-vampire hybrid, came to town to find his doppelganger. Elena.

After Klaus came to town, we all did our best to keep him from Elena. We protected her. But when Damon was bitten by a werewolf, one of Elena's friends and Caroline's boyfriend, Tyler, now a hybrid that broke the Sire bond between him and Klaus, Stefan gave himself up to Klaus in exchange for the cure for his elder brother; Klaus' blood. So Damon survived, Klaus turned Stefan back into the Ripper, and Stefan was under Klaus' compulsion. He even compelled him to feed from and kill Elena. But his love for Elena was so strong that he told her to run and fought it. And then Klaus compelled him to turn his humanity off.

I should probably tell you that Klaus did kill Elena once, and killed her Aunt Jenna. Luckily, Damon's blood was in her system and she woke up, feeling fine. So after Jenna, whom I had been dating for a little while, was killed, I took over Elena and Jeremy Duty.

Sometime after we tried to kill Klaus and failed, and after Stefan was freed and slowly went back to his habit of hunting animals, Isobel came to Mystic Falls. A few nights later, I ran into her but she was later killed. After she was killed, we found out that Isobel had been part of Katherine's family, but Katherine didn't tell us how they were related.