Disappearance

Yoonhae's POV

               It's been two days since the festival and Minhyuk was nowhere to be found. I was getting really worried too. *What if he got lost somewhere? Or what if... What if he's gone?* I thought as I started to panic. "Yoonhae ah, are you ok?" asked Hyeju. "O-oh? I'm fine." I said. "Are you sure? You look so pale and you haven't been talking much these days. Is something going on?" asked Hyeju. She looked really worried. "No, no. I'm fine really." I said and smiled to reassure her.

                    That night, Minhyuk wasn't there again. *Where are you? Please come back.* I thought as I curled myself up on my bed. Just then, there was a knock on the door and it opened to reveal my mum. "Sweetheart, is everything ok?" she asked as she entered and sat on my bed. "I don't know..." I said in soft whisper. "I don't know what to do." I added, my voice started sounding shaky. "Shh shh. Whatever it is, it's going to be alright." she said as she coaxed me in a warm hug.

                    The next day was a Saturday and here I am, standing in front of his ward. *Maybe this isn't a good idea.* I thought and was about to leave when a voice spoke. "Oh? You're the girl from last time." said the voice. I looked up to see Minhyuk's mother. "Are you here to visit him again?" she asked. "W-well... Yes." I said. "Oh, come in then." she smiled and opened the door. We then sat on the sofa that was beside his bed. I took a look at him and felt a gush of emotions in me. I swear it took everything for me not to break down right now. 

                      "You know... Besides Kihyun, you're the only other person to come visit him." she said. "Thank you." she added as she looked at me with a grateful smile. "It's no problem. I'm just really worried for him." I said. "Minhyuk never really talks about his friends a lot apart from the usual, "they're all the same"." she said with a chuckle. *That's sounds a lot like him.* I thought. "And I am certain that he's never really befriended any girls before." she said. "You could say i was overjoyed to see a young lady visiting him." she added as she smiled at me. "What's your name?" she asked. "Oh, I'm Lee Yoonhae." I bowed and smiled. "That's a nice name." she said with a smile.

                    "He has always been alone." she said. I looked to see that she had a sad smile as she gazed at him. "As a mother, I've never really spent much time with him. Same goes with his father." she continued. "He's always been strong by himself but I know it's not easy for him." she added. "Every strong person needs a support right by their side. So i have certainly failed to be that support for him." she said with a sad smile. "I just hope he finds his own support soon." she said as she turns to look at me. "How long have you been friend's with my son?" she asked. *Oh no. What should I say?* I thought as I mentally panicked. "Oh, um-" just then her phone rang. "Sorry, I have to take this call." she said as she excused herself.

                    As soon as she left, the room went quiet and only the beeping of his heartbeat could be heard. I slowly got up and sat on the chair right next to his bed. "Hey..." I started as I reached out for his hand. It was cold yet warm to touch at the same time. *You've been by yourself all these while...* I thought as I recalled the story told. "Where are you right now? You not planning to disappear on me are you?" I asked softly as I caressed his hand with my thumb. "Please come back." I said and a tear rolled down my cheeks. 

                   Just then, the door slid open and I quickly wiped my tears. "Is everything alright?" she asked as she goes over to me. "Yes yes and I should get going." I said as I got up. "Alright, please comeback and visit him again ok?" she said. "I will." I said with a smile. His mother walked me over to the door and I bowed before leaving.