Buffalo Bill

Requested by @cotton_candyheart
[Thank you for enjoying my story and contributing your feedback. I hope you enjoy!]

I ran towards the finish line, obstacles lining my way. Every stride was tough but I thought to myself 'If I don't do this, I won't graduate from the academy'. Not that I wanted to graduate anyway, but everyone at home was counting on me. I finally made it to the finish line, my mentor waiting at the end. "You've gotta improve your time Y/N. If you were running from a killer, he would have caught you. Speaking of those, I heard they've got a new one coming up. He's a real hard ass, been eluding us for years. He's kind of got us by the balls, but we're gonna get him. Good thing they don't put you on these. I don't think you could do this one..." He walked away from me, giving me time to process what he just said. 'Maybe he's right. I should quit the academy. I'm too soft.' I walked into the office of the head of the academy. "I want to drop out." I said.

He looked at me absolute shock. "But Y/L/N, you have so much potential. Are you sure?" I nodded. "Yes I'm sure." He frowned then remembered something as if a lightbulb came on in his head. "Well, before you quit, I have an assignment for you and you're the only one who can do it. Will you?" I thought about it for a second and then my instincts kicked in. "Yes. What do you need me to do?" He looked me dead in the face and said "I need you to kill Buffalo Bill." I thought I had misheard him. I looked at him confused. "Can you repeat that, please? I think I misheard you." He just kept eye contact and said "No, you didn't. I need you to kill Buffalo Bill...and you're the only one who can do it." I stood there in shock. I didn't want to do it, but I knew I couldn't tell him no. "Yes sir. Where is he?"

A few days later they took me up to Buffalo Bill's lair, his humble abode. I stepped out of the car, nervous as ever. I was well armed, but my body shook like it was unprepared. I stood there for a moment, staring at the house. "Come on Y/N. I know you can do it. We're counting on you. Remember your alias." My coach told me before I walked up to the door. I could hear the car drive away.

I knocked on the door and thought to myself 'Just here to use the phone. A stranger needing to use the phone. That is who I am'. I heard his voice from inside. "Can I help you?" "Yes you can. I need to use your phone. I'm stranded and need to call someone." "Oh is that so? Why sure. Come in then." He opened the worn out wooden door, which creaked rather loudly. I saw his face and immediately remembered it. My legs walked inside but my mind completely froze up. It was him. He was the one who kidnapped me as a child. I'm so lucky to be alive, but soon I may not be so lucky. "The phone is just over here Miss Y/N." He called you by your name. You were shocked. "I'm sorry, what did you call me?" "Y/N. That's your name isn't it?" He repeated himself with a wide grin on his face. I stared back at him and cautiously put my hand on my weapon. "Oh, you don't remember do you? You don't remember how you screamed for your parents to come get you. You don't remember how long I kept you in the well downstairs. How you got away from me... without your precious family." He stepped closer and closer to me as I backed away. "This time... Y/N, you aren't leaving." I observed him for a moment. He didn't look to be carrying any weapons. This was my chance.

I whipped out my gun with shaky hands. "Yes... I... will." I pulled the trigger and shot him... in the leg. He yelled and reached down to hold his leg. "Oh no, little girl has a weapon. What should I do?" He flicked the switch on the lights. Oh god... I can't see. I ran away through the shadows of this evil place. I stumbled into a wall, hoping he couldn't hear me. I knew he could see though. He was wearing these glasses on his face that allowed him to see in the dark. I fumbled around the rooms until I heard movement. I carefully turned the corner into the room and literally took a shot in the dark. That's when I knew I had him. I heard his body collapse on the floor. I turned on the light and nearly gagged. I had blown his head clean off. I quickly turned off the light and hurried to call my supervisor. "The deed is done." I said quietly. Soon enough I heard a vehicle pull up and saw my supervisor walk out of the car.

The rest was kind of a blur to be frank. But I'd remember that day for the rest of my life.

[a/n for @cotton_candyheart : I honestly didn't know what to write when you requested Buffalo Bill. But this was what I came up with. I personally like it and I hope you do too!]