She just tried to relax. You're perfectly fine, Midnightsky. You're not alone. You have almost a full-grown warrior with you. And you can defend yourself if something happens.

Despite her efforts to calm herself, she was tense the entire journey back to camp. When they crossed the gorse tunnel, she finally relaxed.

"You can put that in the medicine den," she told Wolfpaw. "I'll deal with it."

As response, Wolfpaw ran to the medicine den and came out empty-mouthed.

Midnightsky went to the medicine den in a slower motion.

But Wheatwing's cry made her strop in her tracks.

"Rogues!"

Her heart practically stopped as she turned around. Time seemed to go in slow motion.

This was it. The attack.

Heartbeats after Wheatwing dashed into camp the gorse tunnel pretty much exploded.

Blackpaw was in the lead, his gaze pointing straight at Midnightsky.

"You'll pay," he growled. "Attack!"

In panic, Midnightsky thrust the watermint in to the medicine den right as Blackpaw crashed into her, knocking her down. Feeling the breath being knocked out of her, she gasped.

"Midnightsky!" Leafdawn shrieked.

"Get off her!" Wheatwing grabbed Blackpaw's scruff and pulled him off of Midnightsky. Her eyes widened as she recognized him.

"I can't fight you," she murmured, and ran off to attack a rogue who had already pinned down Riverstrike.

"Well... long time no see?" Midnightsky asked uneasily. "I'm assuming you have a warrior name now. Unless you're still Blackpaw."

"I'm Blackfang now," Blackfang hissed. "Now stop stalling!" He charged at Midnightsky, who quickly dodged him.

It's me he wants, she thought, breathing hard. What am I supposed to do?

Glancing at Blackfang, she ran back to the camp entrance. Then she was able to see the battle.

Silkfrost was locked with Scratchclaw. Good, he's getting what he deserves. Scratchclaw was obviously very surprised that Silkfrost was still alive.

But the rest was chaos. Rogues everywhere. ThunderClan cats everywhere. It was hard to tell who was who.

"Blackfang!" Midnightsky exclaimed, a plan formulating in her head. It was risky, but it was the only way to keep Blackfang from destroying the camp. "If you want me, come and get me!"

Her heart pounding, she dashed out of the camp.

"Midnightsky, what are you doing?" Wheatwing cried, but Midnightsky ignored her.

I need to get Blackfang away from the camp.

She could hear Blackfang catching up to her and her panic level started to increase more.

It was near the Owl Tree that she was knocked down. Panting, she looked up at Blackfang who had pinned her down.

"You should have joined us when you had the chance," he growled. "Now your only choice is to die."

"No, I won't die," Midnightsky gasped. Still panting, she went limp. Hopefully this works.

It did. Blackfang loosened his grip just a little.

"Well, you're ready?" he asked, smiling evilly.

"Nope." Midnightsky kicked his belly with her hind legs and managed to get herself up.