Chapter 8 - Struggling to act

It was night time... Sonali was sitting with a tub of ice cream in the garden when Jay joined her. It's was a normal event for them... they always get together with ice cream at night & have a chat. It had been Kabir's idea but after his accident he never could join them.

Jay took his spoon & scooped up some ice cream from her tub.... she looked at him angrily as he put it in his mouth.

Sonali: Eat from ur own tub.

Jay: This one is nearly finished & after the stressful day we had I really need ice cream.

Sonali: I know... (handing him the tub) but hey everything turned out ok.

Jay: only because of Janvi.

Sonali: True... if not for her Kabir would have been in trouble.

Jay: Not only that after what we saw with Dhruv even we didn't believe him but Janvi did.

Sonali: Today was meant to be her best day instead she had to suffer so much for our family... first she had to hold of against an angry Kabir in the room then face the reporters downstairs.

Jay: hopefully there won't be anymore drama before the marriage.

Dhruv was standing not so far away & hearing their conversation.

Dhruv POV
So Janvi's the reason Kabir escaped. Even though I'm thankful to her for believing me she shouldn't have helped Kabir. I want to punish her but I love her too much... besides she doesn't even know the real story. First I need to find out the truth... the doctor told me there's no improvement in Kabir's condition then why is he behaving like this... or is it just coincidence. I need to find out soon.

The next day the house was decorated for the sangeet. Janvi was ready & about to go down when she heard a lot of noise from Kabir's room...

 Janvi was ready & about to go down when she heard a lot of noise from Kabir's room

she went in & saw Jay struggling to make Kabir come down. She gave Jay an assuring look... Jay nodded & left the room.

Janvi: Kabir why r u sitting here? Let's go down.

Kabir: No I'll stay here... I wasn't there yesterday either.

Janvi mind went back to the kiss... in her mind she was relieved that he didn't remember it... things were complicated enough already.

Janvi: Kabir u fell asleep yesterday... I tried to wake u but u didn't... u know I was very sad without u... now again ur not coming.

Kabir: ( he started thinking) u shouldn't leave me when we're downstairs... ok?

Janvi: Ok... but let's go now... it's already late.

She sent Kabir down with Jay & went to find Dhruv... after all they had to go down as a couple.

Janvi & Dhruv came down together hand in hand while everyone clapped for them. They took a seat with the rest of the family. Kabir left Jay's side to sit next to Janvi. Dhruv glared at him & looked towards PK to do something.